Lucid Motors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lucid Team,

I've been interested in your SUV and would really, really like to buy one from you. However the images leaked that showed the current looks are just way too boxy and not at all appealing. Please update the looks into something a bit more "sexy" similar to the air, and not so boxy and just not appealing like what it shows to be today.

Your loyal future customer!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Lucid Team,

I've been interested in your SUV and would really, really like to buy one from you. However the images leaked that showed the current looks are just way too boxy and not at all appealing. Please update the looks into something a bit more "sexy" similar to the air, and not so boxy and just not appealing like what it shows to be today.

Your loyal future customer!
Welcome to the forum @Jimmy Jones! What changes would you want to see Lucid make for the SUV?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum @Jimmy Jones! What changes would you want to see Lucid make for the SUV?
Thanks you Air Head,

From the images that I've seen for the Gravity, the front and back look great by themselves. Looking at the SUV from the side however...
1. It's all doors and what it looks like a compressed roof? Very unsettling in terms of design or perception of space in the car (at least when looking from the outside)
2. As an extension to 1 above this ( the all doors and no roof look) give it too much of a boxy feel. It seems the team went for futuristic but fell short toward the boxy category.
3. The back is way elongated, almost like someone pinched a roll of toffee and held on for too long
4. The tires from the side look like a size too large. Not sure what the designers were going for but it looks like a cross between the defender and the Tesla truck and fails to be better than either (on looks).
5. When you look at an air (the sedan of your fleet, sorry if I'm being too specific) from each side it looks aerodynamic, futuristic, and just plain cool and sporty. The SUV in comparison keeps the looks when you see it dead front and back but from the side it's just .. not that.

I am not a designer, i can just tell you how it looks to me and why even though i really really really am looking forward your SUV i may not purchase it. I would prefer the SUV because of family requirements instead of the sedan, which is why i'm taking the time to write to you. In its current looks i will probably not buy it and wait for a few iterations but by then our needs may require we buy something else. And i don't want to buy something else. I would much rather you guys re-draw this and make an amazing, sexy, sporty great look for this version of the SUV so i can buy one and be a happy and loyal customer!

Apologies if this is too much, but it comes from the heart and that should account for something!

Also, your vehicles are not cheap, please don't do things like the Lamborghini URUS (very ugly, looks like a gaming mouse) and create something that is elegant and beautiful. From my point of view you're almost there, just the side look needs rework to be cool and not just.. weird (not in a good way) and unwieldy.

Thank you for letting me provide feedback and looking forward to your prod-release model, hopefully something that I would be excited about and would not be able to hold off on clicking the "Buy" button, because I would love to!

Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the shape of the gray one more than that of the blue! If you keep the futuristic front/back of the air and this (the gray) side look (or a better one) I will go for one!
That being said, I would prefer if you take the side of that look and replicate to your SUV format! That I will buy with both hands!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks you Air Head,

From the images that I've seen for the Gravity, the front and back look great by themselves. Looking at the SUV from the side however...
1. It's all doors and what it looks like a compressed roof? Very unsettling in terms of design or perception of space in the car (at least when looking from the outside)
2. As an extension to 1 above this ( the all doors and no roof look) give it too much of a boxy feel. It seems the team went for futuristic but fell short toward the boxy category.
3. The back is way elongated, almost like someone pinched a roll of toffee and held on for too long
4. The tires from the side look like a size too large. Not sure what the designers were going for but it looks like a cross between the defender and the Tesla truck and fails to be better than either (on looks).
5. When you look at an air (the sedan of your fleet, sorry if I'm being too specific) from each side it looks aerodynamic, futuristic, and just plain cool and sporty. The SUV in comparison keeps the looks when you see it dead front and back but from the side it's just .. not that.

I am not a designer, i can just tell you how it looks to me and why even though i really really really am looking forward your SUV i may not purchase it. I would prefer the SUV because of family requirements instead of the sedan, which is why i'm taking the time to write to you. In its current looks i will probably not buy it and wait for a few iterations but by then our needs may require we buy something else. And i don't want to buy something else. I would much rather you guys re-draw this and make an amazing, sexy, sporty great look for this version of the SUV so i can buy one and be a happy and loyal customer!

Apologies if this is too much, but it comes from the heart and that should account for something!

Also, your vehicles are not cheap, please don't do things like the Lamborghini URUS (very ugly, looks like a gaming mouse) and create something that is elegant and beautiful. From my point of view you're almost there, just the side look needs rework to be cool and not just.. weird (not in a good way) and unwieldy.

Thank you for letting me provide feedback and looking forward to your prod-release model, hopefully something that I would be excited about and would not be able to hold off on clicking the "Buy" button, because I would love to!

Cheers!
I agree with you on the doors I think there should be more window space to bring more visibility and light into the cabin. I don't mind the tire size however I'd like a more conventional design for the rim.

For the record I don't work at Lucid (though I wish haha) but I'm also interesting in getting behind the wheel of the Air or Gravity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts