Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we all wait to take delivery of our very own Lucid Air, I thought it would be great to know what everyone here drives. Comment below with your current vehicle, past vehicles and any other relevant details you wish to include.

Since I'm asking, a 2019 BMW 5-Series M550i xDrive is what I currently drive.

What I used to own:
  • 2003 Lexus IS300 (first car)
  • 2004 BMW 330ci
  • 2011 BMW 335i
  • 2012 BMW 535i xDrive M Sport
  • 2015 BMW 5-series 550i xDrive

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 2018 base Porsche Panamera.
Previous cars: 2017 Chevy Corvette, 2010 Dodge Challenger, 2003 Ford Mustang, 1992 Ford Probe, 1988 Toyota Tercel.

·
Registered
181 Posts
1992 Geo Tracker, 1996 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel, 2000 Porsche Boxster, 2002 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, 2003 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, 2006 Porsche Boxster S, 2009 Lexus GX470, 2014 Toyota Tundra. Bold are basically one issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Current - 2020 Chevy Bolt. Past - Tesla 3, Tesla S, Two Leafs, Porsche Cayman, Two C7 Corvettes, Genesis G80, and too many others to remember. I am a retired 73 year old "car guy". My father-in-law and brother-in-law were Ford dealers so my wife was accustomed to having new cars around the house all the time. I use USAA auto insurance which numbers your cars by the order in which policies were added. I currently have a deposit for the Lucid and the F-150 electric truck. They will be vehicles #58 and #59 on my policy. I live NC so an not close to any Lucid showrooms, but my Chicago son just looked at the one and said he was impressed with the car. Hope this chip shortage gets resolved soon so vehicle production can get ramped up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Current - 2020 Chevy Bolt. Past - Tesla 3, Tesla S, Two Leafs, Porsche Cayman, Two C7 Corvettes, Genesis G80, and too many others to remember. I am a retired 73 year old "car guy". My father-in-law and brother-in-law were Ford dealers so my wife was accustomed to having new cars around the house all the time. I use USAA auto insurance which numbers your cars by the order in which policies were added. I currently have a deposit for the Lucid and the F-150 electric truck. They will be vehicles #58 and #59 on my policy. I live NC so an not close to any Lucid showrooms, but my Chicago son just looked at the one and said he was impressed with the car. Hope this chip shortage gets resolved soon so vehicle production can get ramped up.
Welcome to the forum @Stuart V! That's quite the car history, I'm very jealous haha. Is your plan to get both the F-150 and the Air? or are you going to decide between the two?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey @Stuart V! What is the electric vehicle charging network like near you and how often do you see yourself using it versus charging at home? Just curious because for some people they don't seem to be as accessible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Stuart V! That's quite the car history, I'm very jealous haha. Is your plan to get both the F-150 and the Air? or are you going to decide between the two?
Present plan is to buy both. Other than with cars I am fairly frugal and do focus on the price/value equation. So I am planning on the $70k (after $7500 tax credit) Lucid and the base F-150 "Pro". Ford's pricing strategy on the truck is interesting. They have gotten a lot of favorable attention with the introduction of a $40k EV truck. When you look at their pricing it is easy to see that by relying primarily on model upgrade "packages" versus a la cart options they don't want to sell many of the base $40k "Pro" trucks but expect the typical truck guy customer will have to upgrade to the $53k XLT or $65k Lariat to get the "appearance" he wants. The only items I want that are not standard or a la carte available on the $40k Pro model are full color keyed bumpers, cloth seats and carpeted flooring. I have already talked with a local body shop about painting the bumpers and an "aftermarket" business about recovering the vinyl seats with a nice cloth or even leather. I will probably have to settle for nice floor mats since I don't think it will be realistic to install aftermarket carpet flooring. So I am planning on spending around $2,000 to make my $40k base Pro model fit my taste versus spending the $13,000 to move up to the XLT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey @Stuart V! What is the electric vehicle charging network like near you and how often do you see yourself using it versus charging at home? Just curious because for some people they don't seem to be as accessible.
I installed a 220v/50 amp outlet in my garage and have done almost all of my EV charging at home. There are several free Level 2 chargers in my community two of which are within walking distance of my house. When I get the Lucid I may use one of the free public chargers for the 10 or so hours it will take to get a full (90%) charge. My electricity cost is 11 cents per kW so not a big cost issue to charge at home. I am an EV guy not because I drive a lot and save on gas cost but because I love the way an EV drives. In fact, the past few years I have been averaging less that 10,000 total miles per year on my cars. I am attracted to the Lucid 400+ mile range and the 3 years free EV America charging and will probably do a few 700/700 mile round trips from my NC home to visit my son in Chicago. My historical EV trips have been 90 miles each way to visit our daughter and grandsons in Charlotte. I also am a bit "OCD" about driving efficiency and for around town driving am currently averaging around 6 miles/kWh with my Bolt. Winters are mild here but do drop to around 5 miles/kWh when heater is on. So, bottom line, charging availability has never been an issue for me, and I think when you get an EV with 400+ mile range it will not be an issue for anyone.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Right now I have a 2019 Tesla modelS Performance. The Lucid will replace that. Other cars in the inventory;
2018 Range Rover Velar ( wifeys car)
2002 BMWZ8 ( modded a bit)
1959 BMW Isetta 600
1931 model A Ford ( was my parents)
1939 Fiat topolino project
I have high hopes for lucid just like I watched Tesla grow from a struggling start up to the powerhouse they are today

·
Registered
181 Posts
Right now I have a 2019 Tesla modelS Performance. The Lucid will replace that. Other cars in the inventory;
2018 Range Rover Velar ( wifeys car)
2002 BMWZ8 ( modded a bit)
1959 BMW Isetta 600
1931 model A Ford ( was my parents)
1939 Fiat topolino project
I have high hopes for lucid just like I watched Tesla grow from a struggling start up to the powerhouse they are today
Nice list. I am looking forward to my delivery hopefully on time for next June.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Right now my current stable is shrinking but still fun.
1: 2021 Mercedes AMG GLE53
2: 2017 Tesla Model S P100D. Legal rocket ship
3: 2012 Ferrari 599
4: 1967 VW Beetle
5: 1967 VW Beetle
6: 1957 VW Beetle

Next Up. 2022 Ford Raptor R

1 - 11 of 11 Posts