Lucid Motors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
This is a longish article, but the last few wrap-up paragraphs amount to a rave review:

https://www.techradar.com/news/lucid-air-first-drive

For those interested in ride characteristics, it says:

"The ride is fantastic - the Lucid Air is supremely comfortable, and soaks up bumps and surface roughness without being soft or numb. Handling is excellent, too, and the chassis is well sorted."

For those interested in NVH, it says:

"Again, we only scratched the surface in terms of dynamics, but the Lucid Air seems pretty agile for such a large car. It's also incredibly quiet - as you'd expect for such a premium EV. "

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a longish article, but the last few wrap-up paragraphs amount to a rave review:

"The ride is fantastic - the Lucid Air is supremely comfortable, and soaks up bumps and surface roughness without being soft or numb. Handling is excellent, too, and the chassis is well sorted."

"Again, we only scratched the surface in terms of dynamics, but the Lucid Air seems pretty agile for such a large car. It's also incredibly quiet - as you'd expect for such a premium EV. "
Really just need a test drive on my crappy Eastern Pennsylvania roads!

·
Registered
254 Posts

That article tells it all, even in a Pre-production model R.

Production Model P would give a better driving experience than this review. I have been saying the same without commenting on each aspect. Dream Edition is closer to RR/Bentley than top luxury Mercedes, in my mind.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'd like to see a Google Earth satellite image on the navigation system such as Tesla uses. The ability to see buildings and terrain features beyond your field of view is something I never thought about until I had it, but is now something I really miss when driving without. It gives far more information about surroundings than the street graphics Lucid is using.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It would be nice if you could choose the wood accent( black or walnut) rather than a have to order a specific interior to get the wood of your choice. I would prefer the walnut with the black / brown interior but that adds a minor layer of complexity to the manufacturing process.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It would be nice if it had a hatch instead of a trunk. The opening to the trunk is very short so while there is ample total storage (in cubic inches/centimeters) it can't be very tall. A hatch back would be much better.

·
Registered
306 Posts
It would be nice if it had a hatch instead of a trunk. The opening to the trunk is very short so while there is ample total storage (in cubic inches/centimeters) it can't be very tall. A hatch back would be much better.
Lucid chose not to go with a hatchback as Peter Rawlinson always felt the hatchback design was a big contributor to the Tesla Model S's subpar torsional rigidity, and he wanted a car that was built more "like a vault', as he put it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Instead of: Swift, Smooth and Sprint. Needed to have RANGE MODE! Limits rapid acceleration for a few seconds (just in case you need in emergency pressing down accelerator overrides) and limits top speed, have to do something manually to override.

Wife's Lexus hybrid has Eco mode. Can't be that hard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Instead of: Swift, Smooth and Sprint. Needed to have RANGE MODE! Limits rapid acceleration for a few seconds (just in case you need in emergency pressing down accelerator overrides) and limits top speed, have to do something manually to override.

Wife's Lexus hybrid has Eco mode. Can't be that hard.
So does BMW. In my 530e there is a button to turn on Eco mode which does similar things but I have never used it. My view is why buy a BMW and drive it like a Prius (which I also previously owned and drove) and I would generally think the same thing about Lucid. But a range mode would be useful if the driver miss planned a trip and needed to limp to a destination/charging station.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts