Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Air is a great looking car but everything can be tweaked an upgraded. Is there anything in particular you'd want Lucid to chane on the Air?

For me, I'm not a fan of the two-tone look they're trying to do with the silver/chrome on the roof. I'd rather have it all match the body color.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree. The top looks ok with the white and silver paint scheme but a bit odd with darker colors.? Probably added so people will recognize the brand on the street easily. Subliminal advertising.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
A big thumbs up on changing the 19 inch wheel look. Just make a smaller version of the 21 or 20.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A body color or black top

Agree, the 19 inch wheels do not look nearly as nice as the lager ones

The big thing for me is to be able to get front and rear seats in the same color and a black carpet (ex. with a brown interior)

Exterior chrome delete would be a bonus

·
Registered
181 Posts
A body color or black top

Agree, the 19 inch wheels do not look nearly as nice as the lager ones

The big thing for me is to be able to get front and rear seats in the same color and a black carpet (ex. with a brown interior)

Exterior chrome delete would be a bonus
I'm ok with the roof. Is this something that can be wrapped? Is that the right term?

I think the two tone will grow on me, especially since its highly unlikely I'll be riding in the back.

Anyone aware of EV friendly wheels, especially 19"?

·
Registered
36 Posts
There are a number of aftermarket companies that make attractive lightweight rims ( you can even get carbon fiber but very pricey) Lucid being a brand new company I wonder how many rims you can find with the right bolt pattern and offset. This won’t be a problem when there are 10,000 Lucids on the road and aftermarket suppliers are gearing up to making brand specific aftermarket parts but for now you may have to go with factory

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm ok with the roof. Is this something that can be wrapped? Is that the right term?

I think the two tone will grow on me, especially since its highly unlikely I'll be riding in the back.

Anyone aware of EV friendly wheels, especially 19"?
You can wrap a roof but be advised that the wraps most manufacturers make are various generic or specialty wraps that do not match factory colors. You may get close, but not an exact match. You would be better off to go to a quality auto body and paint the top( with all that glass and here is not much painting) there is other problems in painting stainless , you have to etch the metal first. Or is the top just painted to look like stainless?

·
Registered
181 Posts
You can wrap a roof but be advised that the wraps most manufacturers make are various generic or specialty wraps that do not match factory colors. You may get close, but not an exact match. You would be better off to go to a quality auto body and paint the top( with all that glass and here is not much painting) there is other problems in painting stainless , you have to etch the metal first. Or is the top just painted to look like stainless?
Wasn't there a Porsche they had a silver roof? Like in the 80's?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I suspect Lucid will use the same bolt pattern as the Tesla, as its wheel and tire specs track Tesla (at least up until the Model S refresh, which uses larger front and rear tires). I don't know about offsets, though.

Remember two things about replacing the 19" wheels, though. The Air is considerably heavier than most sedans its size, which is why Pirelli engineered a tire specifically to handle the vehicle weight. Be sure a replacement wheel is rated for the load.

And . . . the 19" wheels are an aero design. Switching to a non-aero 19" wheel (which is mostly what the aftermarket offers) will likely diminish the car's range.

There is a European company that has developed a nice-looking aero wheel specifically for the Tesla model lineup, so it would have the load capacity and probably the correct bolt pattern for the Air. But the wheels thus far haven't been certified for the U.S., so I don't know if they would ship here:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts