Lucid Motors Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
CONTINUING... So, I am hugely concerned and disappointed that this wonderful vehicle is not doing much better against the "rated range" than the Tesla Model S, and am hopeful that Lucid, or someone can explain why the reviewers are able to achieve the "rated range" and I was unable to do so.

· Registered
18 Posts
I have learned that the more you drive, then the more divergent Since Last Charge becomes from Trip A or B. I believe that Since Last Charge includes passive battery loss from overnight losses, maintaining battery temp etc. Trip A appears to only count battery used during active driving. I have 2500 miles and tested this many times by resetting Trip A when doing a battery charge and then not charging for 2 weeks or so. Trip A stays with what I would expect (3.4-4) and Since Last Charge continues to drop over time. They are clearly measuring differently with Since Last Charge rarely going to 3 or higher after 2 weeks. Have not seen this in print however. I have changed my default to Trip A and just reset when filling up. This wont work if you charge nightly

· Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for all of the replies. I now have 2,900 miles on the odometer. I haven't seen any improvement, so the dealers who claim things will get better with time and mileage aren't correct. I did a mini-road trip from San Diego to Oceanside and back yesterday. Cruise Control set at 71 MPH. Still achieved no more than 3.3 mi/Kwh. Ambient temp was about 75, fairly flat roads, and no traffic. All settings are as you all recommend - high regen, basically one pedal driving, rarely using the brakes. I really want to get around 4 - 4.1 mi/Kwh to prove myself the car can do this, and then I'll stop complaining. I keep watching the Youtube reviews, and Edmunds reviews, but cannot figure it out. SOmeone out there must know something the rest of us don't.

· Registered
18 Posts
I took delivery of my GT with 21" wheels in July, and now have about 2,750 miles on the car. Generally, I love the Lucid. I have had three TESLA Model S' previously, and have always been disappointed in not being able to achieve "rated range" on the cars. I was excited about the LUCID, as many video reviews indicated that the Lucid would achieve the "rated range" cruising at a steady 70 mph. Well, I just returned from a 1,500 road trip where I tried to achieve something over 4 mi/kwh. I drove from San Diego, CA to Auburn, CA and return. I used Smooth drive mode. I set the Adaptive Cruise Control to 71 mph (got angry looks from many drivers), and did one pedal driving most of the way. Ambient temp was between 75 and 85 degrees. I charged to 100% at each stop. The trip average was 3.2 mi/kwh. I saw over 4 mi/kwh rolling downhill on the grapevine, and that was the only time it was over 4 mi/kwh. So, I had on the order of 26% range loss to stated range to the EPA range. I spoke many times to the Costa Mesa service center on the trip, and they claim this is not "normal" and have opened a trouble ticket on the problem. I had read
Rich5354, did you ever get an answer from the Costa Mesa Service Center? What was the outcome of the "Trouble Ticket" they opened?

I am only getting 2.3 MPKW. I'm not disappointed; more curious if there is a solvable problem. With free charging and the luxury/excitement factor, I am still more than satisfied. I recognize some of the issues are city driving only, colder weather, and accessory power usage. I drive "one-pedal" with regen on high and I never touch the brakes. But I always listen to the sound system, Climate control is on Auto and 72, lights are on Auto. I think that the max range must require all accessories to be off. Also, I have noticed a phantom loss of 1-2% if the car sits in the garage (60 degrees) for a couple of days. (I drive my Ram 4x4 when the weather is nasty).

· Registered
8 Posts
Rich5354, did you ever get an answer from the Costa Mesa Service Center? What was the outcome of the "Trouble Ticket" they opened?

I am only getting 2.3 MPKW. I'm not disappointed; more curious if there is a solvable problem. With free charging and the luxury/excitement factor, I am still more than satisfied. I recognize some of the issues are city driving only, colder weather, and accessory power usage. I drive "one-pedal" with regen on high and I never touch the brakes. But I always listen to the sound system, Climate control is on Auto and 72, lights are on Auto. I think that the max range must require all accessories to be off. Also, I have noticed a phantom loss of 1-2% if the car sits in the garage (60 degrees) for a couple of days. (I drive my Ram 4x4 when the weather is nasty).

I never got any positive results from them. I am still getting the same range, and they don't seem to think there is anything they can do. As much as I really love the car (as you do), this is really disappointing, as I was hoping that Lucid would live up to their hype about range. I wonder if anyone is going to do something about this. I have a friend with a Mach-e who gets 4.2 M/Kw around town! and he didn't spend anything close to what we did! How is Ford doing what Lucid claims they should do?

· Registered
18 Posts
There has got to be a reasonable explanation, I have a service appointment coming up soon, so I'm going to see what they have to say. My car's battery is at 74% and shows the range is 354 miles. That equates to 478 mile range (4.78 MPKW). I have 20 inch wheels, so based on the GT range of 516 with 19" wheels, I think 478 is about right. So what am I doing wrong to see a 50% drop in range? Granted, EPA results are hardly achievable with an ICE, but results are typically within 10-20% of EPA Range. 50% is a puzzling result. I talked to another owner locally in Nashville and he got 430 miles on a trip to Virginia with 19" wheels, so that is about 83% of the EPA estimated range. I would be happy with that if I could get it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts