Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Torrance dealer tells me I should see an improvement when I'm at 2000 miles odometer. I don't see the logic in this! I'm currently at 780 miles on Smooth, driving like an old lady and the best I get is 3 miles / Kwh

Has anyone experienced this and if so what was the solution. Appreciate any feedback.

Thank you
Joseph

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. 3.7 is far short of 4.3! I got 3.3 today on the freeway going for about 29miles at 68Mph. I love the car but I'm disappointed that one cannot even achieve the EPA rating

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem here. I'm getting way less efficiency than expected. Highest I've seen is 3.4 miles per kWh. Getting about 65% of the started range, at best. Only 700 miles so far but I'm skeptical of the break in comments. I charged to 400 miles on the highway, drove 150 and had 170 left. My old 2013 Tesla seemed more efficient.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the Air Dream ranges are accurate. It's the Grand Touring currently being released that seems to be the problem. This evening I did a simple test, coming back home was an exact 33 miles distance. I showed 203 miles range on the battery. All on the freeway in California with 68-degree weather. I power off the AC and Media. When I arrived home the range showed 158. It should have been 170. The loss if math is accurate is 40%. I got a loss of 12 miles doing 33 miles distance. I was driving at 70mph GrandPa stye. It's not acceptable in my opinion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I remember reading that Tesla used the EPA’s adjustment factor to its advantage and gets big numbers on the tests that people in real life can’t get. Perhaps Lucid also did the same.

I remember a thread somewhere most people are getting 70-80% of the stated range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Slam. right now I'm getting 60% of range driving conservatively. My EPA is 469 @ 60% which is 281miles! I have a Hyundai Kona electric 2021. I paid $29,000 and it can do REAL 249miles per charge. I was thinking of selling it but now I think I will return the Air. I did not buy the car because it was sexy, I bought it because of its range. I would accept 80% of EPA but not 60%

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Torrance dealer tells me I should see an improvement when I'm at 2000 miles odometer. I don't see the logic in this! I'm currently at 780 miles on Smooth, driving like an old lady and the best I get is 3 miles / Kwh

Has anyone experienced this and if so what was the solution. Appreciate any feedback.

Thank you
Joseph
I dont think 2000 miles that will help you To get better range. That what the vehicle will get, I think you need turn off AC. Head light, something you can thing off. good luck

·
Registered
172 Posts

Thank you
Joseph
Some little old ladies drive very aggressively. What was the temperature and what do you mean by driving like an old lady and what regen setting were you using?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
April 24 | Major Update |

After putting 1600 miles, I continue my way home test from work. I did this time; managed to achieve the EPA rating of 4.3mile / KwH. I will post below the picture of how I did it. I'm glad I reach the EPA. I can rest now and enjoy! That said, in a normal driving condition there is no way I would come even close.

Output device Automotive design Vehicle Gadget Font

I know the picture says swift mode but I changed this on my last few miles. The entire 23.2 miles was mixed road and freeway on smooth with regeneration using both standard and aggressive. On the Freeway, I use standard, and on the city aggressive. I pretty much never use the brake pedal.

1) No sudden acceleration EVER just accelerate gradually
2) Speed at max 70MpH
3) Avoid using the Brakes, if at all possible
4) Avoid steep hill climbing "Of Course" That said my trip was not a flat road at all. They were ups and downs

In the end, there is no way I would ever drive that car this way. After charging and resetting to zero, unlike other electric car I experienced the efficiency rating build slowly. 1.4, 1.6, 1.5, 2.1 ... It took a solid 18miles to be above the 3.8miles/KwH

I apologize to Lucid for doubting the range. I'm glad I was able to reach it. Can I return for the new GT performance model? :) Yeah right !!!

Thank you for the replies

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats! Great to see it can be done! I find real world tests like Edmunds a better guide. Than the . But even here the air is the top dog.

I wonder how many miles the air went on zero in the their tests

·
Registered
172 Posts
April 24 | Major Update |

After putting 1600 miles, I continue my way home test from work. I did this time; managed to achieve the EPA rating of 4.3mile / KwH. I will post below the picture of how I did it. I'm glad I reach the EPA. I can rest now and enjoy! That said, in a normal driving condition there is no way I would come even close.

View attachment 1189

I know the picture says swift mode but I changed this on my last few miles. The entire 23.2 miles was mixed road and freeway on smooth with regeneration using both standard and aggressive. On the Freeway, I use standard, and on the city aggressive. I pretty much never use the brake pedal.

1) No sudden acceleration EVER just accelerate gradually
2) Speed at max 70MpH
3) Avoid using the Brakes, if at all possible
4) Avoid steep hill climbing "Of Course" That said my trip was not a flat road at all. They were ups and downs

In the end, there is no way I would ever drive that car this way. After charging and resetting to zero, unlike other electric car I experienced the efficiency rating build slowly. 1.4, 1.6, 1.5, 2.1 ... It took a solid 18miles to be above the 3.8miles/KwH

I apologize to Lucid for doubting the range. I'm glad I was able to reach it. Can I return for the new GT performance model? :) Yeah right !!!

Thank you for the replies
Thanks. I can't imagine why anyone would buy a car with that much HP and then drive it like a Buick. There are many very fine BEVs that can do that well. So I never imagined that I would get the EPA range.

I have reserved a Pure although I might upgrade to a Touring. Either way it depends upon Lucid working out its gremlins by then. I have figured that most times I need to only charge to 80% and then take another 25% off that to account for driving with the AC on (always for me) and enjoying driving. So on a Pure, that would take the range down to 320 miles (80%) and then down to 240 (the additional 25%). I can live with that if my best guess estimates work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. I can't imagine why anyone would buy a car with that much HP and then drive it like a Buick. There are many very fine BEVs that can do that well. So I never imagined that I would get the EPA range.

I have reserved a Pure although I might upgrade to a Touring. Either way it depends upon Lucid working out its gremlins by then. I have figured that most times I need to only charge to 80% and then take another 25% off that to account for driving with the AC on (always for me) and enjoying driving. So on a Pure, that would take the range down to 320 miles (80%) and then down to 240 (the additional 25%). I can live with that if my best guess estimates work.
Yeah I agree

1 - 19 of 19 Posts