Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was a 7 month wait but we picked up our Grand Touring (our 3rd vin#) last Wednesday. The car is great to look at but the fit and finish is not equal to say a Mercedes. My biggest gripe is the lack of clear instructions and clunky set up for personal settings. I am sure in time I'll get it all worked out but they could do a better job with the manual. They also need to get everyone in customer support on the same page. I have had one excellent experience and 2 that were useless. Time will tell, but OA we love the vehicle.

· Registered
22 Posts
Hey congrats!
I've decided to bite the bullet, and I'm taking delivery this Friday. As a friend of mine reminds me, I'm once again going to become an early adopter. I bought one of the first AWD Teslas in 2015.
Car is still in Chicago. Shipping out tomorrow for delivery to service center on Wednesday. Good luck to both of us!

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well as a former Tesla owner you know what you're getting into. The lucid is a great car but make certain they get you programed into it correctly. Instructions are poorly written in the manual and incomplete on the videos, etc, etc, all because there software is constantly being upgraded I assume more rapidly than the manuals, videos are updated. One a shot shopping trip ours locked into park as my wife drove w/o being as yet profiled (linked) to the car, yet I was with her. Hopefully your Tesla experience will help you. I will say customer care was excellent once out of 3 contacts yet the issue could not be solved. Time will tell and IMHO they need to improve connecting the owners & drivers to the vehicle.

· Registered
420 Posts
Well as a former Tesla owner you know what you're getting into. The lucid is a great car but make certain they get you programed into it correctly. Instructions are poorly written in the manual and incomplete on the videos, etc, etc, all because there software is constantly being upgraded I assume more rapidly than the manuals, videos are updated. One a shot shopping trip ours locked into park as my wife drove w/o being as yet profiled (linked) to the car, yet I was with her. Hopefully your Tesla experience will help you. I will say customer care was excellent once out of 3 contacts yet the issue could not be solved. Time will tell and IMHO they need to improve connecting the owners & drivers to the vehicle.
Did you have any issues getting your car programmed @Rdono?

· Registered
4 Posts
Did you have any issues getting your car programmed @Rdono?
Yes, now it turns out they didn't DL the latest software, I have been frustrated the entire time and last was told to look for new software and start the DL. Day 3 today, still nothing. I hate to say it but I feel I should take the car back to delivery point and have them fix all and then redo with their help our profiles. It probably needs a reset and fresh start w/ set up (??)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts