Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey @babwine welcome to the forum! If you're looking for comfort then it's better to get the 19 inche wheels on your Air. If you're looking for something sportier then the 20 or 21 inch wheels would be better.
All other things being equal (a logical fallacy), performance and comfort are at war with each other. With careful selection of tires one can mitigate the trend in either direction but physics is still physics.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you notice in the configurator that the 20 and 21 inch are summer performance tires while the 19s are all season? The 21s will give you the best maneuvering since it will have the least sidewall flex. This also means it has less air in the tire to absorb any shocks. So the 19s will give you the most comfort but won't have the stickiness of summer performance tires.

·
Registered
Lucid Grand Touring 2022
15 Posts
Just curious . I opted for the 20 inch wheels. In reality, does anyone think there will be a noticeable difference in ride quality between 19 and 20 inch wheels? I do not have an abundance of experience with this topic. I suspect I would not even be able to tell the difference , but I would love to hear the opinions of people who are much more seasoned with automobiles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts