Lucid Motors Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I transitioned from AGT reservation to order on 12/14 and spoke to my delivery associate yesterday - she said (paraphrasing) “we were saying 2 to 4 months almost a month ago, so it’s about to be 1 to 3 months.” We will see but I’m certainly not rushing to fix some small annoyances in my Tesla. :)
Welcome @scott! What kind of small annoyances do you have with your Tesla that you're looking to replace it with a Lucid?

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's not entirely true, I'm 95% certain I could achieve the EPA range estimate, I was getting above 4.0 mi/kwh in the Dream performance but it's boring to drive like that.
I actually find hypermiling to be both challenging and entertaining. I have spent a good bit of time on race tracks, on both two and four wheels. There is not much you can do on normal streets that would feel "fast" to me. My introduction to EVs was a used high mileage LEAF I actually picked up as a joke. I got it for essentially free.

Driving that car a few times I quickly learned that the same track skills (vision, throttle control, preserving momentum) applied to getting the most range out of the little Nissan. It soothes my ADD to be hypervigilant in a competitive mindset while driving, and if I can do that without going 150, well, all the better for everyone involved. I look forward to stretching the range in the Lucid, but I do realize most people might find that boring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome @scott! What kind of small annoyances do you have with your Tesla that you're looking to replace it with a Lucid?
Thanks! Excited to be here. I was an early adopter of TMC, so this feels like... I haven't aged a bit? Maybe?

It's a fair question, though also I posted in the middle of the night, so maybe I wasn't thinking that clearly. (I imagine I did that in TMC too.)

I was a very early Model S purchaser, and then traded it in for a very early Model 3. I don't regret that exactly, but I'm also not sure I would have done it again. Both cars felt unready - some of the same kinds of issues people are reporting here re: fit and finish, though more of them - more pieces that didn't fit together quite right (and never did), paint blemishes, software issues, etc. Then ongoing issues with handles, stalks, etc. Both cars also started much louder and got quieter as the manufacturing process matured - less of an issue with the S, more with the 3. My car is loud and my kids can't hear me. Even after N years, I still don't trust the autopilot features, and they aren't feeling any more trustworthy. When I drive cars that try to do less, I feel more comfortable with what they're doing. Oh and the wipers... the f'ing wipers. Basically I gave up a sort-of-not-really luxury car for a not-at-all luxury car that felt like it would be more technically advanced than it's been. I don't mind driving the Silicon Valley Honda Accord, I'm not fancy, it's just not what I expected.

Beyond that, just some user error; I have curb rash (which I will on the Lucid, b/c I'm a crappy driver around curbs, sigh), a small spot where someone hit me and I've never cleaned up, a tire that is going bad but I haven't wanted to go into a tire shop, etc.

So I guess my answer to the question - mostly a more luxurious (quieter, more comfortable, less rough) ride; more modern technology (I'll probably say that again in 5 years...); (a car that can handle snow better, thanks to @M Fisettte for more info on that!), and a do-over.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I actually find hypermiling to be both challenging and entertaining. I have spent a good bit of time on race tracks, on both two and four wheels. There is not much you can do on normal streets that would feel "fast" to me. My introduction to EVs was a used high mileage LEAF I actually picked up as a joke. I got it for essentially free.

Driving that car a few times I quickly learned that the same track skills (vision, throttle control, preserving momentum) applied to getting the most range out of the little Nissan. It soothes my ADD to be hypervigilant in a competitive mindset while driving, and if I can do that without going 150, well, all the better for everyone involved. I look forward to stretching the range in the Lucid, but I do realize most people might find that boring.
I hope I don't get behind you on a single lane road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are any Dream Edition reservation holders switching their colors to Zenith Red now that it is available?
(after submitting order on 25Dec21)

she says: " ... it's your car... but I don't like the red."

Switched from red to silver.

i still have my red lawn tractor...she has no interest in it. my guess is that's what I'll be driving.

·
Registered
293 Posts
(after submitting order on 25Dec21)

she says: " ... it's your car... but I don't like the red."

Switched from red to silver.

i still have my red lawn tractor...she has no interest in it. my guess is that's what I'll be driving.
Welcome to the forum!
Seeing you are coming from an E63 Wagon, did you consider any other vehicles before going with the Lucid Air?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Seeing you are coming from an E63 Wagon, did you consider any other vehicles before going with the Lucid Air?
I did. Loved the e63 wagon. (I see It’s currently offerred by Lexus of Milwaukee.) I want to go back to electric. Had an early Model X before the e63. Tesla was fun, but want something different and more luxurious/unique. Was tempted by the Taycan but the low range is a deal-killer for me, esp when you consider the impact of an 80% charge and a 40-50 mile buffer. The EQS was worth a look …but I just don’t love the look!

·
Administrator
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Please take a moment to update the details of your Lucid Air entered earlier in the tracker.

You can now include you VIN number, scheduled build date, actual build date, scheduled delivery date and actual delivery date.
We converted the reservation tracker this thread was based around into an owner's registry now that deliveries of the Air are ramping up.

If you already took delivery or will be soon, head over to the The Lucid Air Owners Registry.

To update your details, go back to the submission form while signed in to the same Google email account used to enter your info.
It should give you the option to edit your response, if not feel free to enter an entirely new one or private message me.

Thanks!

81 - 100 of 100 Posts