Lucid Motors Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought EVs were "interesting" and then I drove my son's Tesla Model Y. What an eye opener, everything just made so much sense. I swear if everyone drove an EV for 15 minutes they'd want one.

But, like you, the range absolutely finally eliminated any concerns for me and the build quality and style is beyond compare.

I originally signed up for the Touring but figured after the upgrades I would've wanted anyway, I'd rather pay the difference to get the Grand Touring and benefit from the increased range

·
Registered
238 Posts
Interesting that (according to our current database) 50% of the registered folks are first-time electric car buyers. I wonder if it is the incredible range of the Lucid that first attracts that 50%? It certainly did for me.
It is our second. Yes to the range. We currently have a 3 year old Nissan Leaf that we bought to reduce our insane CA gas costs. That works for 90% of our local driving. However, we still needed an ICE for trips. I have been waiting for a 500 mile to 1000 km range car. Tesla, even though they have the super charger stations, did not meet the range I was looking for. Plus there are way too many QC problems, their huge off centered tablet which replaced buttons, and their funky yoke joke of a steering wheel that made me wait. Lucid has both the range and the luxury that will allow us to enjoy road trips.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Interesting that (according to our current database) 50% of the registered folks are first-time electric car buyers. I wonder if it is the incredible range of the Lucid that first attracts that 50%? It certainly did for me.
Definitely a factor for me as well. I only have a 20 amp dedicated circuit for charging so I want the big range so I can "top off" but not fully charge from near empty. I also like to drive in a spirited manner so the 480 HP (or more) doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't get too hung up on the range just yet....... there is no way the car will do 500+ miles as Lucid followed the Tesla route and only did the 2 Cycle EPA test vs the 5 Cycle many others are doing so the range is going to come in lower. You can already see that people on this forum are getting 370 to 380 on DE's that are EPA certified for 470+. There are no "real world" videos from any press either.

I don't 100% agree with Lucids marketing strategy. They're manipulating the stats to make the car seem like it's leagues ahead of everyone else when it looks like it's not. First car in world to charge over 300KW and then we see it only does it for 2 - 3 mins. First car in the world to achieve over 500 mile EPA but then discover they did the shorter EPA testing cycle to achieve it. They have you pre-order the car with the base price but then won't give you the prices for the options. To me, they just seem to be acting a little shady, not lying but they know how to manipulate the stats to make things look better than they actually are.

I ended up switching my order from a AT to AGT because I think once you option the AT you'll be probably $10K to $15K away from the AGT and have 400HP less

·
Registered
130 Posts
Don't get too hung up on the range just yet....... there is no way the car will do 500+ miles as Lucid followed the Tesla route and only did the 2 Cycle EPA test vs the 5 Cycle many others are doing so the range is going to come in lower. You can already see that people on this forum are getting 370 to 380 on DE's that are EPA certified for 470+. There are no "real world" videos from any press either.

I don't 100% agree with Lucids marketing strategy. They're manipulating the stats to make the car seem like it's leagues ahead of everyone else when it looks like it's not. First car in world to charge over 300KW and then we see it only does it for 2 - 3 mins. First car in the world to achieve over 500 mile EPA but then discover they did the shorter EPA testing cycle to achieve it. They have you pre-order the car with the base price but then won't give you the prices for the options. To me, they just seem to be acting a little shady, not lying but they know how to manipulate the stats to make things look better than they actually are.

I ended up switching my order from a AT to AGT because I think once you option the AT you'll be probably $10K to $15K away from the AGT and have 400HP less
Given your feelings, why are you still ordering a Lucid Air?

I do see your issues but I have only invested $300 and even if Lucid goes under and it turns out not to be actually refundable, I will have only lost $300. My current ride, a loaded BMW 2018 530e, has GEICO mechanical breakdown insurance so I am covered until December 2024. I figure they won't be down to a "Pure" until early 2023 at the soonest so I will wait and see the answers to these questions. By then, there will be many choices out there if the Lucid proves to be less than expected.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Given your feelings, why are you still ordering a Lucid Air?

I do see your issues but I have only invested $300 and even if Lucid goes under and it turns out not to be actually refundable, I will have only lost $300. My current ride, a loaded BMW 2018 530e, has GEICO mechanical breakdown insurance so I am covered until December 2024. I figure they won't be down to a "Pure" until early 2023 at the soonest so I will wait and see the answers to these questions. By then, there will be many choices out there if the Lucid proves to be less than expected.
Because I like the look of the car and the tech strategy. The car is still going to have a good range and still beat most of it's competition but when I see the tracking list and over 50% of them are new EV owners if they purely based ordering on the range then they are going to be in for a big surprise. This is what has been dug up off forums for existing DE owners

2.5 mi/kW = 282 miles w/ 113kWh battery
2.8 mi/kW = 315 miles w/ 113kWh battery
3.2 mi/kW = 361 miles w/ 113kWh battery
3.5 mi/kW = 395 miles w/ 113kWh battery

Given we're in the middle of winter those numbers are good that it's probably worst case scenario.

I'm going with Lucid as I have an EV that has received 4 software update in 3 years which still hasn't addressed simple bugs that came with the car day 1. I don't trust that traditional car makers know how to fix software issues quickly hence why i'm happy to see Lucid has released multiple software updates in the first couple of months of being out. I'm ok with bugs if they're fixed in a timely manner and seems Lucid is doing this vs. my Audi who just deny, deny, deny, anything is wrong with the car.

·
Banned
182 Posts
That's not entirely true, I'm 95% certain I could achieve the EPA range estimate, I was getting above 4.0 mi/kwh in the Dream performance but it's boring to drive like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Figured I'd update this thread.

I made my reservation on Nov 11th, 2021. I just got the email to place my order. Anybody know what the turnaround time has been from placing the order to taking delivery?

Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car

·
Registered
26 Posts

I made my reservation on Nov 11th, 2021. I just got the email to place my order. Anybody know what the turnaround time has been from placing the order to taking delivery?

View attachment 899
Hard to say since no AGT’s have been delivered (with possible exception to a few showrooms for test drives). To the best of my knowledge, no VIN’s have been assigned either. I put a deposit down on April 20, 2021 and confirmed the order November 30, 2021. My delivery advisor initially said 2 to 4 months after confirmation but based on subsequent conversations (all Dreams and some AGT’s were supposed to be delivered by year end and that clearly hasn’t happened) it seems to be more like 3 to 5 months. But it really depends on Lucid’s ability to ramp up production. And deal with the software issues that seem pretty serious.

·
Registered
38 Posts

View attachment 899
I just got my email too and reserved in early November. Now I don't know what color to lock in. The red or the black. The red does look nice

·
Registered
238 Posts

View attachment 899
They say 2-4 months. However from my conversation with my DA it seems the timeline is more like 3-5 months. I confirmed my GT on 11/30 and last week I was told is should arrive no later than “early Q2.” The first batch of orders were confirmed around 11/2, so they are now over 2 months. We have not heard of anyone even receiving a VIN yet so it appears that the earliest of those would be late Jan to early Feb, or about 3 months from confirmation. There was a second batch of confirmations around 11/16 and then the 11/30 batch of which I was in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
They say 2-4 months. However from my conversation with my DA it seems the timeline is more like 3-5 months. I confirmed my GT on 11/30 and last week I was told is should arrive no later than “early Q2.” The first batch of orders were confirmed around 11/2, so they are now over 2 months. We have not heard of anyone even receiving a VIN yet so it appears that the earliest of those would be late Jan to early Feb, or about 3 months from confirmation. There was a second batch of confirmations around 11/16 and then the 11/30 batch of which I was in.
Yep. You and I have exact same timing and information from DA's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I transitioned from AGT reservation to order on 12/14 and spoke to my delivery associate yesterday - she said (paraphrasing) “we were saying 2 to 4 months almost a month ago, so it’s about to be 1 to 3 months.” We will see but I’m certainly not rushing to fix some small annoyances in my Tesla. :)

61 - 80 of 100 Posts