Lucid Motors Forum banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
The most recent update was indeed their quarterly earnings call two weeks ago, where they announced 17k reservations. Prior to that it was 13k (a few months ago)
Based on the additions in the reservation tracker here, I imagine that they are nearing the 20k number. They moved from 15 to 17k very rapidly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got confirmation email today. It's AGT Quantum Grey, Mojave Interior, 21” Aero Blade Wheels and made a reservation in May 2021.
No idea about delivery time window yet but I just placed order with final design.
Super excited!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Got mine today as well. Reserved Aug 2 2021. Zenith red with 21 inch rims as the 19s are so underwhelming visually. Who knows when the 20 inch rims will be available. Santa Cruz interior because I like the walnut accents. Reminds me of the walnut with the two tone interior on my old 72 BMW 3.0 CSi

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the note. I have a 2016 Tesla Model S 90D. Love the car but it’s time for a new EV and Tesla’s service has really deteriorated and I think their build quality has as well. Am looking for the next high end EV and Lucid ticks all the boxes.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for the note. I have a 2016 Tesla Model S 90D. Love the car but it’s time for a new EV and Tesla’s service has really deteriorated and I think their build quality has as well. Am looking for the next high end EV and Lucid ticks all the boxes.
Welcome. If you have a home charging station, are you making any changes to it ahead of when the Air arrives?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not planning to, at least initially. I had a 220v NEMA 14-50 outlet put in for the Tesla. It worked find for the Tesla.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Interesting. As of today (12/4/21) By far the most popular colors are Quantum Grey at 29 orders and the next most popular color is Zenith Red at 25 orders.

I ordered the Zenith Red.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Interesting. As of today (12/4/21) By far the most popular colors are Quantum Grey at 29 orders and the next most popular color is Zenith Red at 25 orders.

I ordered the Zenith Red.
I ordered the red as well. I wonder if the American car color palate is finally turning away from the white/ grey /silver /black that makes up about 85% of new car sales the last decade. Or maybe it’s just the Lucid crowd being adventurous. Who knows?

·
Registered
16 Posts
So… fresh back from the preview day at Millbrae, I changed my confirmed order from Quantum Grey to Zenith Red.
accordingly to my DA, no impact of delivery date (but then again I am still looking at Feb-March)

·
Registered
411 Posts
So… fresh back from the preview day at Millbrae, I changed my confirmed order from Quantum Grey to Zenith Red.
accordingly to my DA, no impact of delivery date (but then again I am still looking at Feb-March)
When I switched my Dream order from Black to Zenith Red, I was told it would have no effect on delivery date. In fact, all the Dream Reds were moved to the back of the delivery queue, regardless of when the customer reserved or ordered.

However, your switch might have actually moved your delivery forward. Since the paint shop is finally set up for Zenith Red production, the Red AGTs might join the Black and White cars at the front of that delivery queue, with the Quantum Grays and Cosmos Silvers waiting their turn in the paint shop.

Just curious: why did you switch colors? Did they have a Zenith Red car at Millbrae? (I'm asking, because I've seen the Quantum Gray car at the Miami Studio several times, and it's the color I would have gotten had it been available on the Dream, although friends I took along liked the Zenith Red best, at least based on the color blocks.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
When I switched my Dream order from Black to Zenith Red, I was told it would have no effect on delivery date. In fact, all the Dream Reds were moved to the back of the delivery queue, regardless of when the customer reserved or ordered.

However, your switch might have actually moved your delivery forward. Since the paint shop is finally set up for Zenith Red production, the Red AGTs might join the Black and White cars at the front of that delivery queue, with the Quantum Grays and Cosmos Silvers waiting their turn in the paint shop.

Just curious: why did you switch colors? Did they have a Zenith Red car at Millbrae? (I'm asking, because I've seen the Quantum Gray car at the Miami Studio several times, and it's the color I would have gotten had it been available on the Dream, although friends I took along liked the Zenith Red best, at least based on the color blocks.)
Yes. It was a GT iirc.

·
Registered
306 Posts

Hopefully you will be notified when your car goes into production. I'm almost going into radio silence as going to board ship soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Indeed they had a zenith red at millbrae… and no Grey :(
Loved how deep the red was … and how it changed with the light.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Interesting that (according to our current database) 50% of the registered folks are first-time electric car buyers. I wonder if it is the incredible range of the Lucid that first attracts that 50%? It certainly did for me.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts