Lucid Motors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I just looked at the reservation tracker to see which way color choices are falling. There are 60 non-Dream reservations reported. (I removed the Dream reservations, as that version offers a unique color but does not have the full choice of other colors.)

Of the 60 non-Dreams, the two most popular colors are Quantum Gray (22) and Zenith Red (16) -- meaning almost two-thirds (63%) of customers are choosing those two colors.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yeah, I get the feeling that Zenith Red throws some sort of monkey wrench into scheduling.

Perhaps it's because Zenith Red is the only color that uses a tinted clear coat (an annoyingly oxymoronic term). To Lucid's credit, they are using the more complicated two-phase process whereby a true clear coat is applied atop the tinted clear coat. But this also means more time in the paint shop than the other colors. (It also suggests a hell of a task for a body shop trying to match the original finish.)

Lucid says they use the tint to impart a smoky undertone to the color. Whatever that means, people who've seen the Zenith Red in person tend to rave about it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah, I get the feeling that Zenith Red throws some sort of monkey wrench into scheduling.

Perhaps it's because Zenith Red is the only color that uses a tinted clear coat (an annoyingly oxymoronic term). To Lucid's credit, they are using the more complicated two-phase process whereby a true clear coat is applied atop the tinted clear coat. But this also means more time in the paint shop than the other colors. (It also suggests a hell of a task for a body shop trying to match the original finish.)

Lucid says they use the tint to impart a smoky undertone to the color. Whatever that means, people who've seen the Zenith Red in person tend to rave about it.
I am being told I may be stuck between a rock and a hard place. I may be getting a call before the end of the month to confirm my order. @hmp10 Did you get your car into production and is it still Zenith Red? What I feel could happen is either I'll get a confirmation wanting to put my car in production with the last of the Zenith Red DE or I'll be in a bind to take delivery in June as planned (end of AGT run). I don't think there will be another chance in my life to drive back from California visiting four National Parks to Indianapolis.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I called yesterday, and my Delivery Advisor said she had no update from the Production group since she told me a week ago my car was "in the early stages" of production. She did tell me that she was going to send an email to which I was to attach photos of the front and back of my driver's license, as she said that once the car hit a certain point in production things moved very quickly. I got that email about an hour ago, along with an attachment about the kind of wiring needed for Level 1 and 2 home charging . . . but nothing more about timing.

I do believe that things move quickly once a certain point in production is reached. My financial advisor got the call on Tuesday, November 2 that his car had entered production . He was given the VIN later that same week, and his car was available for delivery in Florida on Saturday, November 13. In fact, it all happened so quickly that he was not able to get down from his home base in New York to receive the car on the 13th, so he's taking delivery this coming Saturday.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I called yesterday, and my Delivery Advisor said she had no update from the Production group since she told me a week ago my car was "in the early stages" of production. She did tell me that she was going to send an email to which I was to attach photos of the front and back of my driver's license, as she said that once the car hit a certain point in production things moved very quickly. I got that email about an hour ago, along with an attachment about the kind of wiring needed for Level 1 and 2 home charging . . . but nothing more about timing.

I do believe that things move quickly once a certain point in production is reached. My financial advisor got the call on Tuesday, November 2 that his car had entered production . He was given the VIN later that same week, and his car was available for delivery in Florida on Saturday, November 13. In fact, it all happened so quickly that he was not able to get down from his home base in New York to receive the car on the 13th, so he's taking delivery this coming Saturday.
I guess this all boils down to Lucid's ability to produce different trim levels all at the same time, with color seeming to dominate the batch. I emailed our intentions to my salesperson.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all. Just following step 2 of the instructions. I put in my reservation last weekend and just now found this forum.

I'm overly excited about this vehicle. I've been following Lucid for about a year and a half now. I'm very much a "I'll believe it when I see it" type of person. Well, Tysons mall had a vehicle in the showroom and I was able to see and sit in it. Now I'm a believer and reservation holder.

Hopefully I can quench my excitement by looking at other people's update posts and delivery stories.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey all. Just following step 2 of the instructions. I put in my reservation last weekend and just now found this forum.

I'm overly excited about this vehicle. I've been following Lucid for about a year and a half now. I'm very much a "I'll believe it when I see it" type of person. Well, Tysons mall had a vehicle in the showroom and I was able to see and sit in it. Now I'm a believer and reservation holder.

Hopefully I can quench my excitement by looking at other people's update posts and delivery stories.
Welcome to the forum @SBZRO.
Did you consider any other vehicles before deciding to go with the Lucid Air?

·
Registered
100 Posts

I’m sure you will absolutely LOVE the Air. I made my reservation back in April and am eagerly looking forward to confirming my order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum @SBZRO.
Did you consider any other vehicles before deciding to go with the Lucid Air?
I currently have a Tesla Model S P85D.

A great car but I knew I wanted to upgrade to something a little more luxurious a year or two ago and started doing some research. At the time the Lucid Air and Mercedes EQS were at the top of my list and after seeing deliveries and sitting in one, my mind was made up. I also wanted to go against the grain a bit when it comes to car culture. I love my Tesla, it has been a great car, but now they're everywhere and the redesign left me wanting something a bit more. I think the Air will be the next leap for EV as a whole. There hasn't been anything in the luxury market as far as electric goes and they seem to have good leadership and a great product.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I currently have a Tesla Model S P85D.

A great car but I knew I wanted to upgrade to something a little more luxurious a year or two ago and started doing some research. At the time the Lucid Air and Mercedes EQS were at the top of my list and after seeing deliveries and sitting in one, my mind was made up. I also wanted to go against the grain a bit when it comes to car culture. I love my Tesla, it has been a great car, but now they're everywhere and the redesign left me wanting something a bit more. I think the Air will be the next leap for EV as a whole. There hasn't been anything in the luxury market as far as electric goes and they seem to have good leadership and a great product.
Hey @SBZRO! What did you like/didn't like about sitting inside the EQS?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has Lucid publically announced an official total number of reservations to date?
I just found the post from Motortrend talking about Lucid's Financial Report (Nov 2021) stating a current 17,000 reservation list. It also states an "ambitious" 20,000 production schedule for 2022. If that is the case, I'd better get my reservation in FAST!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Has Lucid publically announced an official total number of reservations to date?
I just found the post from Motortrend talking about Lucid's Financial Report (Nov 2021) stating a current 17,000 reservation list. It also states an "ambitious" 20,000 production schedule for 2022. If that is the case, I'd better get my reservation in FAST!
17K reservations was mentioned during last earning call which was in 11/15.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The most recent update was indeed their quarterly earnings call two weeks ago, where they announced 17k reservations. Prior to that it was 13k (a few months ago)

21 - 40 of 50 Posts