Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove a Lucid Air Dream Edition Performance at the San Jose, CA studio today. All I can say is wow. The acceleration was surreal.....almost scary intimidating. And it wasn't even in SPRINT mode. It was smooth and quiet on the freeway. A little wind noise...but very low. Very low motor whine...disappeared as we picked up speed. Turned stereo on...no wind, tire, or motor noise at all. The stereo was great - great tones, bass, etc. Much better than my stereo in my Corvette and my Wife's Audi Q7. Had a chance to take it on a twisty, curvy road - it held the road very confident, and the steering was quick and precise. I just sold my 2015 Corvette - the Air was faster and handled as well....but smooth/luxury at the same time. What a comfortable car on the highway - would be wonderful on long driving trips. I've never driven an EV before...took me about 5 minutes to get really comfortable with the regen braking. Overall, I was really impressed..the best all-around car I have ever driven.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've never driven an EV before...took me about 5 minutes to get really comfortable with the regen braking. Overall, I was really impressed..the best all-around car I have ever driven.
On my Leaf, I call the regen breaking “Golf Cart Mode” , but I’m sure on the Lucid it is not like that. Can’t wait for a test drive!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just sold my 2015 Corvette - the Air was faster and handled as well....but smooth/luxury at the same time.
The same thing happened with me when I traded my Audi R8 V10 Spyder for a 2015 Tesla Model S P90D -- lost almost nothing in handling and gained a lot in acceleration and smoothness. It's why my ICE days are over except for our Honda Odyssey minivan . . . and those days may end with the arrival of the Lucid Gravity.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The same thing happened with me when I traded my Audi R8 V10 Spyder for a 2015 Tesla Model S P90D -- lost almost nothing in handling and gained a lot in acceleration and smoothness. It's why my ICE days are over except for our Honda Odyssey minivan . . . and those days may end with the arrival of the Lucid Gravity.
Same here, gotta have a kid mobile. The Air is not bad as one though since I can actually fit the 3 car seats...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts