Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
They don't agive any timeline there. All I was told a few weeks ago is that test drives will begin by the end of the year.
yes. I’ve been waiting as well. Back in June, my sales rep sent me this:

”Release Candidates are our last batch of vehicles before production, RC's will be used as our test drive fleet which will tour the country. I will reach out directly when test drives are available.”

when I emailed gat the beginning of this month asking about a text drive, I received this:

We are aiming to start test drives by the end of the year.”

When he called asking if I wanted to upgrade, I asked again about test drives and the San Diego studio opening. He just reiterated both before the end of the year. So….. I’m guessing it will be Christmas before I actually get to drive one. Just hoping they have one before they tell me I have to finalize the purchase.

·
Registered
254 Posts
yes. I’ve been waiting as well. Back in June, my sales rep sent me this:

”Release Candidates are our last batch of vehicles before production, RC's will be used as our test drive fleet which will tour the country. I will reach out directly when test drives are available.”

when I emailed gat the beginning of this month asking about a text drive, I received this:

We are aiming to start test drives by the end of the year.”

When he called asking if I wanted to upgrade, I asked again about test drives and the San Diego studio opening. He just reiterated both before the end of the year. So….. I’m guessing it will be Christmas before I actually get to drive one. Just hoping they have one before they tell me I have to finalize the purchase.
Over 13,000 registered owners, most of them want to test drive.

So it is logical, that the test driving may not be too soon.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Last week two posts showed up on Reddit, one poster claiming on October 13 he was scheduled to take delivery on October 14, and the other claiming a friend had delivery scheduled for October 28. I called my Delivery Advisor to ask why I had heard nothing about a delivery date, as I was told I was very early in the queue. She told me that the posts were either confused or bogus, because no VINs had been issued to customers nor had any deliveries been scheduled.

It's good to keep a few grains of salt on hand when using the internet as a source of delivery information. There are so many short sellers and others with nefarious intent that I wouldn't be surprised to see people trying to get buzz going about imminent deliveries so that they can then trash Lucid when those phantom deadlines aren't met.

The only thing that worries me about where we are now is that Rawlinson himself publicly committed on September 28 that some customers would get delivery in late October. Unless the cars are delivered in or near Casa Grande, there is simply not enough shipping time left to get cars to more remote customers this month, especially as no customers are publicly reporting receipt of a VIN or delivery date. Maybe a delivery event to a few customers near the factory would technically fulfill the promise Rawlinson made (I say as I reach for my box of salt), but it smacks too much of one of Musk's shenanigans.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Last week two posts showed up on Reddit, one poster claiming on October 13 he was scheduled to take delivery on October 14, and the other claiming a friend had delivery scheduled for October 28. I called my Delivery Advisor to ask why I had heard nothing about a delivery date, as I was told I was very early in the queue. She told me that the posts were either confused or bogus, because no VINs had been issued to customers nor had any deliveries been scheduled.

It's good to keep a few grains of salt on hand when using the internet as a source of delivery information. There are so many short sellers and others with nefarious intent that I wouldn't be surprised to see people trying to get buzz going about imminent deliveries so that they can then trash Lucid when those phantom deadlines aren't met.

The only thing that worries me about where we are now is that Rawlinson himself publicly committed on September 28 that some customers would get delivery in late October. Unless the cars are delivered in or near Casa Grande, there is simply not enough shipping time left to get cars to more remote customers this month, especially as no customers are publicly reporting receipt of a VIN or delivery date. Maybe a delivery event to a few customers near the factory would technically fulfill the promise Rawlinson made (I say as I reach for my box of salt), but it smacks too much of one of Musk's shenanigans.
Every one is guessing. Some to extreme and some more realistic.

Even the delivery advisors are as blind as us ! But the secret will be out in less than 12 days !!

I agree with you that there is no time to ship the vehicles to different locations.

It does make sense as you say, that the deliver may be possibly planned at one place.

I have no question in my mind that Peter Rawlinson WILL deliver as he promised, no later than the midnight of Oct 31st.

Let us go Trick a Treat and see what falls into our bag at the door of LUCID !! Which DOOR, we will see !!

·
Registered
88 Posts
If the factory has been building the cars for a few weeks why the delay of either delivery close by or having transportation that should of been set up weeks ago? Especially since you have made a recorded promise to deliver by the end of the month. This affects perception and of course stock price. I agree with hmp10 you don’t want to take this PR page from Musk.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If the factory has been building the cars for a few weeks why the delay of either delivery close by or having transportation that should of been set up weeks ago? Especially since you have made a recorded promise to deliver by the end of the month. This affects perception and of course stock price. I agree with hmp10 you don’t want to take this PR page from Musk.
With 5-8 cars per day being produced, those cars would have filled up the parking lot in Casa Grande or they must have been transported somewhere. No one has reported seeing dozens of cars there and I don’t think the factory could hold 100 finished cars inside. Those Dreams either went to service centers for delivery or to Newark. If they are sitting inside service centers, they absolutely could be delivered this month. I will reiterate that IMHO, I believe there is a news embargo for customers who will be among the October deliveries and that they have received their VINs and delivery date but are under a legal requirement not to say anything publicly. There will be some announcement, photos, etc. on the day they are delivered In the next 12 days.

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen transport trucks leaving Casa Grande or arriving at any Lucid facility?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Have you ever tried to book a wedding, or an appointment with an attorney or at a big company? They are all booked up for weeks. So is the truck or railroad transportation.

When you run a business, one will find out how difficult it is coordinate everything to be perfect.

One should have been on Sep 28th event. Every little detail was taken care of in a perfect and grandiose manner. That is Peter's style. Perfect and perfection!

Let us wait and see how the Delivery event is planned. We all will find out soon again that it could be grandiose, perfect and delightful to everyones imagination.

Don't kid yourself. It would be a dream come true !!

·
Registered
254 Posts
With 5-8 cars per day being produced, those cars would have filled up the parking lot in Casa Grande or they must have been transported somewhere. No one has reported seeing dozens of cars there and I don’t think the factory could hold 100 finished cars inside. Those Dreams either went to service centers for delivery or to Newark. If they are sitting inside service centers, they absolutely could be delivered this month. I will reiterate that IMHO, I believe there is a news embargo for customers who will be among the October deliveries and that they have received their VINs and delivery date but are under a legal requirement not to say anything publicly. There will be some announcement, photos, etc. on the day they are delivered In the next 12 days.

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen transport trucks leaving Casa Grande or arriving at any Lucid facility?
You must have been a fly on the wall when they were planning the Delivery of their Dream cars.

What did they say? ha...ha...

Tell me more...more...I am getting very curious...LOL !

May be you are one of those getting your dream car soon !!

·
Registered
88 Posts
That’s exactly my point. I do run a business and I’m guessing that they would have had to book transportation weeks ago. So I’m leaning towards the theory as are others that there is an NDA in effect for the early adapters. Very frustrating for the rest of us though

1 - 20 of 57 Posts