Lucid Motors Forum banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't think they're anywhere near delivering the 520 DE's. It's too quiet and like others have mentioned, what's with hoarding all the cars in the parking lot at AZ. IF they pull it off by the end of the year then Lucid's marketing team needs a shake up. If they think the Apple approach of keeping everything so secret will help them as a startup and dropping surprises of mass deliveries here and there, I think it's the wrong hand to play when they're not taking the traditional advertising approach.

It just feeds the trolls by staying quiet on things.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't think they're anywhere near delivering the 520 DE's. It's too quiet and like others have mentioned, what's with hoarding all the cars in the parking lot at AZ. IF they pull it off by the end of the year then Lucid's marketing team needs a shake up. If they think the Apple approach of keeping everything so secret will help them as a startup and dropping surprises of mass deliveries here and there, I think it's the wrong hand to play when they're not taking the traditional advertising approach.

It just feeds the trolls by staying quiet on things.
They have been very secretive on everything they do so we will see.

·
Banned
182 Posts
I honestly don't think it makes a difference at this point. The people following them don't care, the trolls will be trolls regardless, and the best advertising is getting cars on the road regardless of it's social media marketing or not. Stock price is already being controlled by MMs and PIF holds such a large holding that the price will really only move by a lot come Jan. If they miss the delivery goal, meh...who isn't missing a delivery goal at this point?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I honestly don't think it makes a difference at this point. The people following them don't care, the trolls will be trolls regardless, and the best advertising is getting cars on the road regardless of it's social media marketing or not. Stock price is already being controlled by MMs and PIF holds such a large holding that the price will really only move by a lot come Jan. If they miss the delivery goal, meh...who isn't missing a delivery goal at this point?
What happens in January?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discounting the marketing aspects, they can definitely do a better job of keeping reservation holders/customers sufficiently informed. Trying to break into the luxury car segment requires great communication, even if the news is no news.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discounting the marketing aspects, they can definitely do a better job of keeping reservation holders/customers sufficiently informed. Trying to break into the luxury car segment requires great communication, even if the news is no news.
Lucid Digital heads said that they are monitoring this forum so hope they are reading all discussions going on here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lucid Digital heads said that they are monitoring this forum so hope they are reading all discussions going on here.
Well, time will tell but everyone I've mentioned to that i've reserved a Lucid the response every time is "what\who is Lucid?". Given its 520 EPA and Car of the Year it hasn't helped get them any brand recognition.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well, time will tell but everyone I've mentioned to that i've reserved a Lucid the response every time is "what\who is Lucid?". Given its 520 EPA and Car of the Year it hasn't helped get them any brand recognition.
Yes, because of the price tag! Need 77k to really target Model S customer base and other legacy order makers mid luxury markets.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congratulations!

Could you give us details on the car: P or R, wheels, color, and location of delivery?

I got my VIN on November 19, paid for the car on December 11 as soon as I got the request, and still have had no contact regarding delivery. I called West Palm Beach today, from where the car is to be delivered, and they did not have the car on their list of incoming vehicles.

Our schedule gets a lot more complicated on December 18, when the first wave of holiday guests arrives. It would help to be able to do a little planning.
Red, 21, perf.

Reserved GT in Aug 2020.
Upgraded to dream in august 2021
Confirmed when they increased to 520 (I was top of waitlist from the 2020 res I guess) on sep 22.
Did a test drive on Nov 19 and swapped wheels from 19–>21
Original vin on Nov 30.
They forgot to update the wheels (they were quite forward when admitting it was their fault, no dodging here) and reassigned my VIN to a different reservation holder on Dec 9.
I’m still waiting for a new VIN.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Red, 21, perf.

Reserved GT in Aug 2020.
Upgraded to dream in august 2021
Confirmed when they increased to 520 (I was top of waitlist from the 2020 res I guess) on sep 22.
Did a test drive on Nov 19 and swapped wheels from 19–>21
Original vin on Nov 30.
They forgot to update the wheels (they were quite forward when admitting it was their fault, no dodging here) and reassigned my VIN to a different reservation holder on Dec 9.
I’m still waiting for a new VIN.
I am not sure any test driving were allowed for public prior to N0v 30, 2021 at Casa Grande. Please let us know when and where you were lucky to have the test drive on a Dream Edition on Nov 19th.

As far as I know no VIN numbers were released before 10/15/21. Are you sure?

Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am not sure any test driving were allowed for public prior to N0v 30, 2021 at Casa Grande. Please let us know when and where you were lucky to have the test drive on a Dream Edition on Nov 19th.

As far as I know no VIN numbers were released before 10/15/21. Are you sure?

Thanks.
Test drive at Valley Fair mall in San Jose ca. They told me they were the first studio to get a test drive vehicle. I did it two days after they got the car.
VIN was after 10/15, it was 11/30 (then pulled :( rude.)

81 - 100 of 111 Posts