Lucid Motors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I tend to average 80 on the highway and 5 over the limit on streets. My average is roughly 2.8 mi/kwh almost every charge. Performance 21" wheels

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tend to average 80 on the highway and 5 over the limit on streets. My average is roughly 2.8 mi/kwh almost every charge. Performance 21" wheels
That's about the same driving pattern as me. So 2.8x118 = 330 miles on a full charge or more realistically about 264 miles if only driving 80%.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think most are missing the point. The EPA numbers while wildly optimistic are there to compare apples to apples. If a Tesla long range S gets 406 miles vs a air Dream range getting 520miles under the exact same criteria for testing then that is how you evaluate one EV against another. I don’t quite understand this only charging to 80%. What happened to 90% that Tesla used to tout? If charging to 80% means a little less battery degradation then how about only charging to 70% or 60%? Fact of the matter I may charge 80% just running around daily but I’ll certainly charge to 100% for a road trip to allow for 80mph driving with a heater on and several hours of driving to reach a convenient supercharger.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks. That is useful information to me. My problem, as I have described elsewhere, is that I have only a 20 amp dedicated circuit available. So I want to use my house current to keep me charged up but if my battery life starts to go way down, want to be able to hit an electrify america facility and get a quick injection of electrons. I figure I can pour in about 35 KWH over night which will be fine for most days.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think most are missing the point. The EPA numbers while wildly optimistic are there to compare apples to apples. If a Tesla long range S gets 406 miles vs a air Dream range getting 520miles under the exact same criteria for testing then that is how you evaluate one EV against another. I don’t quite understand this only charging to 80%. What happened to 90% that Tesla used to tout? If charging to 80% means a little less battery degradation then how about only charging to 70% or 60%? Fact of the matter I may charge 80% just running around daily but I’ll certainly charge to 100% for a road trip to allow for 80mph driving with a heater on and several hours of driving to reach a convenient supercharger.
Yea that's what I do, several people have said that keeping it at 100 for an extended period of time increases dendritic deposits. 80% is good for most daily use, I charged to 100 for the recent trip I took. I could have gotten about 360 miles on 1 full charge, averaging around 82 on the highway.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks. That is useful information to me. My problem, as I have described elsewhere, is that I have only a 20 amp dedicated circuit available. So I want to use my house current to keep me charged up but if my battery life starts to go way down, want to be able to hit an electrify america facility and get a quick injection of electrons. I figure I can pour in about 35 KWH over night which will be fine for most days.
Yea, my current charging setup is only 30amp, good thing the EA stations around are pretty reliable. I just stop at an EA for 20 min and recharge if I'm low. Gets roughly 150-200 miles in 20 min on a 150 kw charger depending on how low you are.

·
Registered
Lucid Grand Touring 2022
13 Posts
250 miles in and some more unfortunate discoveries....

(Understanding this is a brand new car and they will get all the kinks out over time - just like Tesla did)

Car will only update over cell - you cant update over wifi - in fact its buried you need to turn off wifi in order to update car. Update takes 15M (1.0.6) and I have no good cell service where I live - you cant update as you drive and you cant open or close doors while update is in progress - so yo have to go find a place to park and update, - just seems crazy you cant update over wifi in your garage.

I parked in a parking garage and left my key in car by mistake. Almost all cars won't lock and will beep horn to notify you left key in car these days - Lucid locked the door and because I was in parking garage lower level I the app would not connect to car without cell service so I had to leave car and get my backup key and come back -

the key is too confusing for valet - nobody knows how to use it or push 2x to open so they try and push on door handles which gets them stuck.

I got 250 miles on my first full charge - not even close to the 500 advertised.

Overall really like the car but some early issues that need to get resolved
250 miles? That doesn’t seem possible. If that is the case, I would be tempted to cancel my order. What kind of driving were you doing?

·
Registered
Lucid Grand Touring 2022
13 Posts
There's no way 250 from a full charge. I have almost 2300 miles and even doing launches and driving in Sprint mode I get more than 250. What exactly are you doing? Lol

Also, with the key fob, pushing on the door handles (when the car is locked) will unlock it. Pushing the door handle in (when the car is unlocked) will lock the car. I found it pretty easy to figure that out, took all of about 10 seconds.
What kind of range are you getting in normal driving? I have a car on order and after reading the above comments I am pretty worried.

·
Registered
299 Posts
250 miles in and some more unfortunate discoveries....

(Understanding this is a brand new car and they will get all the kinks out over time - just like Tesla did)

Car will only update over cell - you cant update over wifi - in fact its buried you need to turn off wifi in order to update car. Update takes 15M (1.0.6) and I have no good cell service where I live - you cant update as you drive and you cant open or close doors while update is in progress - so yo have to go find a place to park and update, - just seems crazy you cant update over wifi in your garage.

I parked in a parking garage and left my key in car by mistake. Almost all cars won't lock and will beep horn to notify you left key in car these days - Lucid locked the door and because I was in parking garage lower level I the app would not connect to car without cell service so I had to leave car and get my backup key and come back -

the key is too confusing for valet - nobody knows how to use it or push 2x to open so they try and push on door handles which gets them stuck.

I got 250 miles on my first full charge - not even close to the 500 advertised.

Overall really like the car but some early issues that need to get resolved
I have DE performance. I can charge max 455 miles before taking a long journey. However Lucid has to work on the door handles and keys. I had trouble the keys not working. They sent the mobile vehicle over 230 miles to fix it, but couldn't. Later they sent a covered trailer to pick up the car for that far and brought it back after replacing the door handle. The Lucid service is fabulous. It does have growing pain but things will work out in course of time, I am sure.

·
Registered
299 Posts
What kind of range are you getting in normal driving? I have a car on order and after reading the above comments I am pretty worried.
Usually all EV's give about 80% of the milage shown. It again depends on the speed, roads, higher elevation, weather too cold or hot.

·
Registered
Lucid Grand Touring 2022
13 Posts
Usually all EV's give about 80% of the milage shown. It again depends on the speed, roads, higher elevation, weather too cold or hot.
Hearing some getting only 250 miles is disconcerting. My thoughts were 400 mlles in summer and 300-350 in winter.
The reason I am spending a fortune on this car is primarily a range issue. I love the look and tech but would not purchase if range is really that much of an overestimate.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well, the performance version on 21" is only rated at 451 miles. I took it on a road trip and got roughly 360 which is approximately 80%. I averaged around 82mph, drove on smooth the whole time and had the AC set to 67. So 80% is a good estimate for normal driving.

Around the city, I average around 2.6 - 2.8 mi/kwh which would give me 305-330 miles city driving. That works out to roughly, 67-73% of EPA range, but EPA range is not measured with city driving.

Take my anecdotal evidence for what you will. I live in Los Angeles.

For a short time I was able to really hyper mile while driving in LA.
Vehicle Automotive design Gadget Automotive mirror Personal computer

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well, the performance version on 21" is only rated at 451 miles. I took it on a road trip and got roughly 360 which is approximately 80%. I averaged around 82mph, drove on smooth the whole time and had the AC set to 67. So 80% is a good estimate for normal driving.

Around the city, I average around 2.6 - 2.8 mi/kwh which would give me 305-330 miles city driving. That works out to roughly, 67-73% of EPA range, but EPA range is not measured with city driving.

For a short time I was able to really hyper mile while driving in LA. View attachment 924
For your analysis, were you starting at an 80% charge of a 100% charge?

·
Registered
Lucid Grand Touring 2022
13 Posts

For a short time I was able to really hyper mile while driving in LA. View attachment 924
Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hearing some getting only 250 miles is disconcerting. My thoughts were 400 mlles in summer and 300-350 in winter.
The reason I am spending a fortune on this car is primarily a range issue. I love the look and tech but would not purchase if range is really that much of an overestimate.
Performance with 21" wheels drove 350-375+ miles during my last drive a couple of weeks ago.
Range with 19"wheels, I am sure would provide over 425 mies.
I am sure LUCID has plans to extend the milage over software update one of these days.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Can you please explain what you did to "Hyper mile" while driving? Thanks

21 - 40 of 59 Posts