Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original reservation was fall of 2021. I actually reserved a Pure and a Touring as I wasn’t sure what options and price point I wanted. I cancelled the Pure in April, 2022 and kept the Touring with the plan to fully option it. I test drove a GT in San Jose July, 2022 and fell in love with the power. I was told that I could get legacy pricing if I wanted to go with the GT because of my reservation date. I asked me DA about that later in the week and was told it was a mistake and I could not get legacy pricing for the GT. Throughout November, all the buzz and releases made it seem like Lucid was REALLY motivated to get units into customer hands for the sake of stockholders. With that realization, I reached out to my new DA who offered me legacy pricing and before I had agreed to move forward, she said she already found my spec’d out model and was shipping it to Seattle. I was so excited that my only thought was I HAVE TO MOVE FORWARD. A few hiccups throughout the last few weeks of December caused me to only be able to take delivery 12/31/22. One day later and no tax credit. I’m loving it so far and working through some of the random software glitches, which are minor enough to not affect my enjoyment of the vehicle. I feel like I have my forever car finally!!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car has definitely exceeded expectations. The updates since I test drive in July have already improved how enjoyable it is. I feel like I’m driving a luxurious rocket whenever I sit in the driver’s seat.
I consider myself a big car guy, classic and modern included, so I love chatting about cars with people. Just driving her home on I5 south was getting a bit crazy at rest stops with the groups of people coming to check it out though, so that’s going to take some getting used to. Also, I noticed people acting a little stupid to speed up and get next to the car to check it out on freeways, or worse yet, tailgating to get a close up view on one lane back roads. I suppose the latter is the worse thing about the car so far. It could definitely be worse I suppose. And it’s nothing a little tap on the accelerator doesn’t fix anyway.

· Registered
6 Posts
Welcome Kyle. I too picked up my Lucid Touring on 12/31/22, last day for the rebate. I am loving the car as well. They just need to get the charging issues fixed with EA so I can feel more confident taking the car on longer road trips.

· Registered
420 Posts
The car has definitely exceeded expectations. The updates since I test drive in July have already improved how enjoyable it is. I feel like I’m driving a luxurious rocket whenever I sit in the driver’s seat.
I consider myself a big car guy, classic and modern included, so I love chatting about cars with people. Just driving her home on I5 south was getting a bit crazy at rest stops with the groups of people coming to check it out though, so that’s going to take some getting used to. Also, I noticed people acting a little stupid to speed up and get next to the car to check it out on freeways, or worse yet, tailgating to get a close up view on one lane back roads. I suppose the latter is the worse thing about the car so far. It could definitely be worse I suppose. And it’s nothing a little tap on the accelerator doesn’t fix anyway.
Yeah you're not going have a shortage of people asking you what it is :LOL:. Have you gotten used to all the tech that comes with the Air?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts