Lucid Motors Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
A Dream is basically the same as a Grand Touring Range with 133 extra hp. If you leave the drive mode in the two lower settings you won’t have access to that additional horsepower anyway. Why not make a dozen or so of these to be used as demonstrators at the various design centers for the next 4 months to boost orders before GT production then they can be relegated to senior executive cars?
According to members of this forum the Dream Edition motors use a different alloy in the motors. The difference in hp is actually 311hp. I'd be very leery of Lucid's Dream "Waiting list." Test driving and an increase in people on the list may bring the Dream in to regular production. Purely speculative but the goal posts keep moving. I can see it now, "Wow this car is nice! Can I get one." No, but you can be on the waiting list or get the AGT...

I guess this is what confuses me, why introduce this much confusion, just test drive what you are selling this point moving forward.

·
Registered
60 Posts
According to members of this forum the Dream Edition motors use a different alloy in the motors. The difference in hp is actually 311hp. I'd be very leery of Lucid's Dream "Waiting list." Test driving and an increase in people on the list may bring the Dream in to regular production. Purely speculative but the goal posts keep moving. I can see it now, "Wow this car is nice! Can I get one." No, but you can be on the waiting list or get the AGT...

I guess this is what confuses me, why introduce this much confusion, just test drive what you are selling this point moving forward.
Because they want to show off their flagship of what the company is capable of producing. I am almost certain no one outside of journalists and Dream reservation holders will drive anything but GTs which is why the GTs were on the production line during the commissioning event. I understand why they pushed GT off the production line for marketing and test drives. The more exposure you have the more you can sell.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Because they want to show off their flagship of what the company is capable of producing. I am almost certain no one outside of journalists and Dream reservation holders will drive anything but GTs which is why the GTs were on the production line during the commissioning event. I understand why they pushed GT off the production line for marketing and test drives. The more exposure you have the more you can sell.
Agreed @Hydbob. Every car company starts off by showing their top of the line model when introducing a new car. Lucid is no exception. As you say it's all about exposure so better show off the Dream Edition than the base model.

Welcome to the forum btw!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The tesla roadster was a modified Lotus that Elon bought then bought the company. The original S was pretty bare bones( rear drive, no self driving ,low range, some pretty cobbled together funky gear change lever etc) not like the Lucid which is a very polished product. That’s not to say we won’t see improvements in the next few years( tri motor, full self driving, etc). Can’t wait to test drive one

21 - 28 of 28 Posts