Lucid Motors Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I kind of wonder what their tri-motor plan is. It was kind of pitched as Lucid's version of an M5.

I asked the sales person at the local studio and he had no info, but then these folks are just trying their best to sell everyone on a silver roof that few people would typically choose if they had such a choice. Does look good on a 911 targa.

1600 HP from the tri-motor seems like a stretch (not in terms of could they do it).

My understanding is the dream has 2 of the Lucid 680 HP motors, so that car could also be unlocked for more power.

I am hoping that some manufacturer puts 4 of the new Yamaha 496 HP electric motors in a car.
Why stop at 1600 I ask. Max out all three motors 680hp for 2040 hp total in a tri motor. Now that would be fun. But you do bring up an interesting concept that Tesla has been successful at. Unlocking an existing engine for a fee for more power by a software update. I could see maybe 7k for an over the air update for another 100 hp. The GT could go from 800 to 900 ( still less than the dream range edition, but that could be eligible as well. Not to mention the pure and touring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I respect everyone's opinion

For some folks $100K for a car is a ton and for some not so much

You could pick up single families in Southern Il for $50K

I focus on Chicago so not that cheap but I can buy rental buildings where the numbers work

Back where I am from in Boston, no numbers work

I do feel that at Lucid's price point, they should not be dictating the spec in as granular manner as they do

I mean really, who wants black front seats and tan rears

This car will be my DD, and a tan carpet will look lousy in no time

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I do agree that physics will limit some of this fun and games

For example why didn't Tesla release plaid plus, maybe they couldn't put tires/brakes/suspension in place to keep up with the drivetrain

I kind of wonder the point of Lucid going trimotor if they could get 1360 HP from their 2 motors set up, perhaps torque vectoring for the axle with the 2 motors

·
Registered
127 Posts
I respect everyone's opinion

For some folks $100K for a car is a ton and for some not so much

You could pick up single families in Southern Il for $50K

I focus on Chicago so not that cheap but I can buy rental buildings where the numbers work

Back where I am from in Boston, no numbers work

I do feel that at Lucid's price point, they should not be dictating the spec in as granular manner as they do

I mean really, who wants black front seats and tan rears

This car will be my DD, and a tan carpet will look lousy in no time
I agree, I respect everyone's opinions, everything is relative. Maybe, having gone from a child in near poverty to being quite successful I see things in a different perspective. I think some of us lose sight of these perspectives.

That famous expression, if you have to ask you can't afford it. As of today I cannot afford a Rolls Royce.

I've never owned a Mercedes but have owned a few Porsche. I knew I could order any color paint I wanted but I didn't hear of any option to change color of seats, left to right or front to back. It was one choice. Did I miss that option?

I've had light tan carpet, I feel you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Oh, Weather Tech car mats you buy the front and rear separately. Colors offered are Black, Cocoa, Tan and Grey. I am not sure how long it will be before the Ludic Air is laser measured but I will be getting the floor mats as soon as they are available. My brothers live near the Weather Tech factory in Bolingbrook, Illinois so it will be easy for me to pick up when I visit family.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts