Lucid Motors Forum banner

Lucid Touring pushed to 4th quarter unless Dream Drive Pro ordered

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Tomcrown 
#1 ·
Just checked my Touring order and you cannot reserve car without DD Pro now. Standard Dream Drive availability pushed out until 4th quarter. This is very disappointing as the DD Pro is and probably will be non-functional for a long time. Not a 9K option I will order. 😤

#3 ·
Hey @Stevepatek welcome to supposed to be my first BEV.the forum. What are you going to do with your order if you don't want the dream drive pro?
I havn’t decided yet, but I don‘t want DD Pro and don’t want to wait much longer than year end for delivery. Otherwise, I may move to an Audi or MB ICE. Alas, this was supposed to be my first BEV. :mad:

#4 ·
Given the Tesla experience, I am with you. I have proposed, and do so again, that Lucid sell the hardware for a reasonable sum (say $3K) and the remainder would be due if the customer was satisfied at some point that the DD Pro was performing as expected.

If the blind spot alert is not in the regular Dream Drive, that could be another problem.

#7 ·
I hear you. I'm trying to get clear answer on what features come w/ Standard Dream Drive. If it's main feature is self driving I'm not inclined to pay 9K for it either. I can't get info from my sales man about details. Who told you about unavailability of Touring w/o DD Pro until 4th quarter?

#11 ·
I don’t believe the hardware answer. On Tesla all cars comes with the hardware for self driving. To get full self driving it’s a $15,000 extra for what Tesla called enchained Driving it’s $6000.00 extra. All they do is activate the software. So base on the Price I believe Lucid like Tesla is just pushing the software. I now own a Grand Touring Air. Six months ago I had a model S.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.