Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While the website still shows Q4 2022 availability, my Lucid rep says they cannot provide a delivery window for the Air Touring, but that the Grand Touring will be delivered in 2-5 months.

I am concerned that Lucid is using the Touring delivery uncertainty to induce upgrades to the GT. What has anyone else heard about the Air Touring delivery schedule?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seeing what Tesla went through with their Model 3 volume ramp, there might be very little Touring (and Pure) cars delivered in December just to hit the milestone that the company has committed to publicly. Unless you are one of the first reservation holders for Touring with all the option boxes ticked, at best you can hope for a first half of CY23 delivery...

·
Registered
Lucid Air Pure
23 Posts
Just to kick around some rough numbers as I understand them:
  • Beginning of 2022 Lucid dropped 2022 production numbers from 20,000 to 12-14,000 cars
  • As of around June 1 they have delivered about 1000 cars
-there are roughly 30,000 Air reservations, about 20,000 of which are the Pure.
-If they plan on hitting the 12,000 car minimum this year they need to make 11,000 cars for the rest of the year, and it seems some of these would have to be Pures, and certainly Touring.
-We’ll see where we ware at the end of the 3rd fiscal quarter. They are facing some intense real world constraints. And as someone in another forum here reminded me, these are luxury cars, better to build them right than to build them quickly. All very interesting. Does anyone have more solid info than what I’ve provided?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to kick around some rough numbers as I understand them:
  • Beginning of 2022 Lucid dropped 2022 production numbers from 20,000 to 12-14,000 cars
  • As of around June 1 they have delivered about 1000 cars
-there are roughly 30,000 Air reservations, about 20,000 of which are the Pure.
-If they plan on hitting the 12,000 car minimum this year they need to make 11,000 cars for the rest of the year, and it seems some of these would have to be Pures, and certainly Touring.
-We’ll see where we ware at the end of the 3rd fiscal quarter. They are facing some intense real world constraints. And as someone in another forum here reminded me, these are luxury cars, better to build them right than to build them quickly. All very interesting. Does anyone have more solid info than what I’ve provided?
I spoke with my rep yesterday and he offered that Touring edition was to start production 'in the 3rd quarter' and that the Q2 earnings call later this month would have more specifics on actual deliveries of all models to date.

·
Registered
2022 Lucid Air Touring
15 Posts
While the website still shows Q4 2022 availability, my Lucid rep says they cannot provide a delivery window for the Air Touring, but that the Grand Touring will be delivered in 2-5 months.

I am concerned that Lucid is using the Touring delivery uncertainty to induce upgrades to the GT. What has anyone else heard about the Air Touring delivery schedule?
I think upselling has been a common business practice since the beginning of commerce. I would not be too upset about it.

if Lucid hits best case 7-8,000 deliveries in 2022 there will be significant Touring deliveries in that total but probably no Pures. I’m sure Touring deliveries ordered pre price hike will stretch well into Q1 2023. Anyone’s guess frankly how quickly ramp up will occur.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got an email from my rep who told me there is a “slight delay” on the Touring with production not starting until Q4. Further, that delivery would be in Q1 ‘23. I expected this, but was nice to have a Lucid rep actually confirm it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts