Lucid Motors Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucid poked Tesla on the whole steering wheel design. Feds are also giving them a hard time.

"Lucid said more than once that its real competitors are the Mercedes-Benz S-Class and the BMW 7 Series, not the Model S. That did not stop the startup from teasing Tesla due to the controversy surrounding the yoke with which the refreshed Model S is supposed to be driven from now on. This is why the expression "take the wheel" on that tweet has a deeper meaning than just "let's drive" or anything similar.

On top of its "wheel delete" to follow the chrome delete on its electric sedan and also on the Model X, Tesla also suppressed the gear selector stalk. Elon Musk said the "car guesses" where you want to go and that you can override what it decides to do on the touchscreen.

Apart from the strong reactions that caused – such as this article at Road Show arguing that it is a safety concern – people also had issues with the appearance of the yoke. That makes Lucid’s tweet even more sarcastic. Have a look."

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was taught back in driving school to place my hands at the 10 and 2 o’clock positions on the steering wheel. I guess that no longer applies....😊

1 - 2 of 2 Posts