Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if there are any Lucid Air owners in Tennessee? The reason I ask, all the studios are far away from Nashville, TN. I have a reservation on a 2022 Lucid Air GT and wondering if you would be gracious enough to allow me to stop by, look your car over and possibly sit in it, that would be it. I've driven a Tesla Model S several years ago and know the Lucid will be the same or better than the Tesla Model S, so I'm not asking to drive your car, just look it over. This is not a scam, I have very bad knees and need to make sure the car isn't too low to bring tears to my eyes every time I get in or out of it!
Thanks in Advance,
ALAN

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @BIG AL, have you had any luck trying to track down a Lucid Air owner close enough to you? When are you expecting to take delivery?
No luck yet? My Lucid Air GT is reserved, I told my salesperson not having SXM Radio was a deal breaker, she told me they were working on their radio and would have SXM very soon. Once I get the thumbs up about the new radio I'll tell them to proceed with the build.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Took delivery today. Nashville

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle

I'm wondering if there are any Lucid Air owners in Tennessee? The reason I ask, all the studios are far away from Nashville, TN. I have a reservation on a 2022 Lucid Air GT and wondering if you would be gracious enough to allow me to stop by, look your car over and possibly sit in it, that would be it. I've driven a Tesla Model S several years ago and know the Lucid will be the same or better than the Tesla Model S, so I'm not asking to drive your car, just look it over. This is not a scam, I have very bad knees and need to make sure the car isn't too low to bring tears to my eyes every time I get in or out of it!
Thanks in Advance,
ALAN
Nashville ...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had never seen one, driven one, or even sat in one - so didn't know what to expect. Delivery went well. Rex, my concierge person, flew out from CA to walk me through setting up the vehicle.
The interior is sweet. Easy to understand all the different screens and set up.
Car is crazy quick. Amazing how much power, but you never feel " Out of control"

Funny the looks you get while driving. Some people have no clue - or don't care about cars, but many give you thumbs up. The Tesla owners all seem to know about Lucid and freak out the most.

Having fun!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had never seen one, driven one, or even sat in one - so didn't know what to expect. Delivery went well. Rex, my concierge person, flew out from CA to walk me through setting up the vehicle.
Car is crazy quick. Amazing how much power, but you never feel " Out of control"

Funny the looks you get while driving. Some people have no clue - or don't care about cars, but many give you thumbs up. The Tesla owners all seem to know about Lucid and freak out the most.

Having fun!
WOW! Since I'm 6'3", 74 with bad knees my biggest concern is getting in and out of this thing. Is there any chance I could see your car and possibly sit in it? I live in Brentwood and we could meet where ever you'd like, kind of like Cars and Coffee, I'll even buy! If you don't want to do this I understand, if so please let me know.

·
Registered
402 Posts

Having fun!
What are your thoughts on the build quality? I keep hearing how superior it is to most other brands.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sure seems quality to me. Don't see any flaws or issues.
The AGT is a very nice looking vehicle, if the roof line was 2" taller it would be perfect! I'd like to give a shout out to Greg for taking time out of his busy schedule and allowing me to look the car over, in person (not photos) and letting me sit in it. Me being 6'3" I do have to duck my head to avoid injury but like Greg said, I'll bet you need to duck your head getting in most cars. Once in it is very comfortable with several inches of headroom, it's the door height that is the problem for taller people not the roofline. Good luck with your AGT, have a safe trip and enjoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Appreciate the discussion. At 6'2" I was also concerned about door height. I went to Tysons Corners to see the real deal car instead of photos. Entry was less than ideal but doable still at late 60s age, a little harder than my Accord Hybrid. Exit was not hard. Otherwise I was very impressed with the car and ordered a 'Pure'. I have a trip to SFO planned later this month and will be staying with Tesla S owner there so I hope to get a good comparison. Not much recharging infrastructure yet out here east of I-95.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Appreciate the discussion. At 6'2" I was also concerned about door height. I went to Tysons Corners to see the real deal car instead of photos. Entry was less than ideal but doable still at late 60s age, a little harder than my Accord Hybrid. Exit was not hard. Otherwise I was very impressed with the car and ordered a 'Pure'. I have a trip to SFO planned later this month and will be staying with Tesla S owner there so I hope to get a good comparison. Not much recharging infrastructure yet out here east of I-95.
Thanks John, if I didn't have bad knees (motorcycling and snowmobiling) it probably wouldn't be an issue. My owner down here measured from the ground to top of seat cushion, the seat moves from 19" (lowest) to 23" (highest), so I'm thinking move the seat back and up slightly for entry and exit and down and forward for driving, if this works save in memory and all you need to do is press a button on the center screen? If they can't get us SXM (OTA Upgrade) in three weeks it looks like I'll cancel my order, will not pay that extra $15, 000.00 come July 1st.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds similar, many motorcycles and snow skiing in the past. Downsized my bike to BMW c650gt scooter this year. That bike gets a lot of 'What's that?' looks but I'm betting the Lucid will get more.
It Will! I guy down here received his a few weeks ago, gets a lot of looks, mostly from Tesla owners. He even told me someone followed him home, thought it was a car jacking, the guy jumped back and asked him what is that, he just needed a better look!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts