Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was able to get the car plugged in at a 150kwh station tonight.

Started at 14% SOC ended at 80% SOC
Started at 73 miles ended at 418 miles
Total charge was 88 kw
Total time was 37 minutes
Font Rectangle Art Parallel Electronic instrument
Vehicle Output device Automotive design Mode of transport Gadget

Speedometer Vehicle Font Sky Technology

Gadget Font Audio equipment Display device Gas

Hood Output device Gadget Automotive lighting Television set

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh I have a bunch of other pics posted on the other forum if you wanted to tweet those out as well

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have mine set to 80%. You can change it, but it won't let you lower it unless you are below that level, kind of weird. For example, it was at 98%, I wasn't able to set it down to 80 until after I got it down to 79%. You can always set it higher.

Yea, the ideal would be to keep it plugged in, however, with the drain and not being able to schedule right now, I can't keep it plugged in otherwise it would drain during the day wasting the charge to only replenish it at night.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep. If we all had electricity rates like you have in Florida it would it wouldn't be a problem. But there is also the factor that you are just draining the battery for no reason, seems like a waste of electricity

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In my home charging test, when I plugged the car in to charge, it was 3pm. I had scheduled my Chargepoint to start charging at 10pm since that's when my rates were lowest. In the 7 hours the car was plugged in, it had lost 3% of it's SOC because it had the fans running expecting a charge to start just due to the plug being plugged in. This is what I'm referencing in terms of "wasted energy" because it definitely does not lose 3% SOC just sitting there when it's locked.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Looks to me like this...
@Hydbob plugs in the charging cable, which the Air sees as "charge starting soon", so the fans come on.
But the Chargepoint is not sending any juice until later, when the rates go down. So the battery is being depleted running the fans, since the grid power is not applied yet.
The Lucid software needs to be modified to see that the charging power doesn't show up immediately after the pug in.
This is the correct scenario. I didn't bring it up with them yet, because I wanted to wait and see what the OTA update was. I'm not sure if the fans were running the whole time because I didn't sit in my garage to monitor. I just know that everytime I popped out to check, the fans were on running.

It seems like it's the car starting up the fans because it thinks it's about to charge and just keeps running them regardless if the charge is coming in or not. Big waste of energy, if it stays this way, but I'm assuming it should be an easy fix...I hope

1 - 6 of 6 Posts