Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if these units are available yet or when they will be available and what the cost will be ? Will it also be J1772 compatible with my Polestar 2 car? Thanks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Does anyone know if these units are available yet or when they will be available and what the cost will be ? Will it also be J1772 compatible with my Polestar 2 car? Thanks.
Welcome to the forum @snowydan! You can order an Air right now here's the link to their online configurator.

For charging, yes the Lucid uses J1772 charging for the Air so you won't have to worry about that. Btw how long have you had your Polestar?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not available yet. Supposedly Q2. Yes, it can charge any car out there with a J1772 plug. It will even do a Tesla if you have an adapter.

·
Registered
361 Posts
If you mean the charging cable and mounting on the wall unit, comes with Lucid Air. You can charge most of EV with this unit except Tesla.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a TESLA Wall Charger and I am getting Lucid Air- Can I use my TESLA Wall Charger as I get good 48A now on my TESLA? If not, does Lucid sell a Wall Charger and for how much? Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a TESLA Wall Charger and I am getting Lucid Air- Can I use my TESLA Wall Charger as I get good 48A now on my TESLA? If not, does Lucid sell a Wall Charger and for how much? Thanks
Hey @Amalek, if you buy an adapter the Tesla wall charger can work on the Air or any other non Tesla. Lucid does have their own home charger but I'm not sure when they're going on sale.

·
Registered
238 Posts
1) Yes, with an adapter like a TeslaTap.
2) Mobile unit comes with the car. Home unit capable of delivering 19.2kW at 80 amps coming in Q3 (maybe) and is bidirectional for V2H. Price TBD, but rumor in the $1-2k range.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Home charger station is now looking like AT LEAST Q3. No cost details, but rumored to be in the $1-2k.

Unless you are wanting the bidirectional capabilities, I would purchase a 3rd party EVSE such as a ChargePoint Flex.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts