Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get ready. Lucid Air Touring production is about to begin.
We are excited to announce that Air Touring production will begin soon, with initial deliveries starting shortly thereafter.

Air Touring represents the balance of Lucid Air capabilities — delivering incredible performance from its dual-motor powertrain while still offering phenomenal efficiency and range. Your passengers even enjoy unsurpassed comfort, thanks to a more spacious rear-seat footwell.

For the initial production, we plan to build all Air Touring vehicles with a common configuration of the most popular selections. These vehicles will include:
  • Platinum Look
  • Glass Canopy
  • Santa Cruz or Tahoe interior theme
  • DreamDrive Pro
  • Surreal Sound Pro
  • Exterior color and wheel size as desired
Very soon, we’ll begin reaching out to customers, in the order they placed their reservations, inviting them to finalize their configurations. If you’d like the opportunity to secure one of these fully equipped Air Touring vehicles, go to Load design and select your desired exterior color and wheel style along with each option listed above. Then save your configuration to your account. This will make the remaining steps in the purchase process even more seamless.
View your design
Of course, you can always personalize your Air Touring with options other than the ones available in the initial vehicles we’re building. If you do, we will manufacture your vehicle once those selections are introduced.
Thank you for your support as we move toward the production of your vehicle.
Onward,

The Lucid Team
Here for you.
Our team is always available to answer your questions.

Connect with us at [email protected] or +1 844 367 7787.
Update preferences / Unsubscribe
Privacy Policy
This email was sent to ca****@gmail.com
Lucid Motors USA, Inc.
7373 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560 USA

Email was sent out to reservation holders on 10/25/2022 at 10:01 AM EST

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I am still waiting on my Touring and just posted this to see if anyone else got this email. I contacted my DA and they said that I could get a confirmation email as soon as next week. My reservation date was July 3rd 2021.

· Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! I am still waiting on my Touring and just posted this to see if anyone else got this email. I contacted my DA and they said that I could get a confirmation email as soon as next week. My reservation date was July 3rd 2021.
I also received this email today. My reservation date was 04/21. It will be nice to see this progress!

· Registered
3 Posts
Received an email to finalize. 5/21 reservation.

Unfortunately I can't follow through, changed career fields since then and took a huge pay cut. Hopefully somebody gets bumped up one when I cancel.

· Registered
257 Posts
Received an email to finalize. 5/21 reservation.

Unfortunately I can't follow through, changed career fields since then and took a huge pay cut. Hopefully somebody gets bumped up one when I cancel.
I also reserved 5/22:( Please post if you get any updates for your order and I will do the same:)
Welcome to the forum guys!

@r134a sorry to hear that you can't finalize your order. Which model were you going to get?

@deedani87 How are you going to spec your Air?

· Registered
5 Posts
I am still unable to change my order. Anyone else? I was hoping to change the color. Ordered the Air Touring in November.
If you had took up on their offer to lock the reservation in hopes of getting the $7.5k EV tax credit next year then you are like everyone else, can't change the configuration untill you are invited to finilize the order. They has to lock it so they can generate the binding contract.

· Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum guys!

@r134a sorry to hear that you can't finalize your order. Which model were you going to get?

@deedani87 How are you going to spec your Air?
Heya.

I reserved a Touring and Pure so i had the option between the two. Definitely not interested in the glass roof though, way too hot when in direct sunlight, so I would have to wait for the metal roof anyway (they told me late 2023). I might still be able to get the Pure but I'm less interested in that trim because of the single motor.

Also, I've been seeing a lot of issues with EA and charging not working in general, which is pretty unacceptable. Combined with the QC issues (body and trim gaps), software issues (unable to unlock/start car with fob), and general build problems (bad Nav, bad/laggy UI, radio/software not working at all) I'm a little hesitant to try to stretch my budget to still get it right now anyway.

99% confidence that I'll be able to start the car isn't good enough, you know? "Sorry, my $100k EV wouldn't start" simply isn't an acceptable answer to miss a meeting. I don't think they should be releasing cars with these issues even 1/1000 chance, even if it meant more delays, because they only get this one shot at becoming a household name. If the launch flops they're going to lose a huge public perception "market share". So far the Dream edition launch was pretty lukewarm and GT isn't looking hugely different.

I hate to sound negative, I followed and supported Lucid since the beginning. Didn't buy a Tesla because I was waiting for the Lucid. Basically everything except for the drivetrain just isn't ready for prime time.

· Registered
4 Posts
Have received the full specs of the car? What will it have and what will be missing from the GT?
For what i was able to review, GT has higher HP and range than Touring. Aside from all paint color choices at no extra charge, Glass canopy, Surreal sound and DD pro, GT has massaging seats, 21” wheels standard. not Sure if I missed any other difference.

· Registered
1 Posts
Based on the traffic here it doesn’t appear that any additional Touring Invitation emails have gone out since the batch early last week.
I reserved in early February 2022 and curious to see how the Invitation batches are going to go out.

· Registered
3 Posts
Heya.

I reserved a Touring and Pure so i had the option between the two. Definitely not interested in the glass roof though, way too hot when in direct sunlight, so I would have to wait for the metal roof anyway (they told me late 2023). I might still be able to get the Pure but I'm less interested in that trim because of the single motor.

Also, I've been seeing a lot of issues with EA and charging not working in general, which is pretty unacceptable. Combined with the QC issues (body and trim gaps), software issues (unable to unlock/start car with fob), and general build problems (bad Nav, bad/laggy UI, radio/software not working at all) I'm a little hesitant to try to stretch my budget to still get it right now anyway.

99% confidence that I'll be able to start the car isn't good enough, you know? "Sorry, my $100k EV wouldn't start" simply isn't an acceptable answer to miss a meeting. I don't think they should be releasing cars with these issues even 1/1000 chance, even if it meant more delays, because they only get this one shot at becoming a household name. If the launch flops they're going to lose a huge public perception "market share". So far the Dream edition launch was pretty lukewarm and GT isn't looking hugely different.

I hate to sound negative, I followed and supported Lucid since the beginning. Didn't buy a Tesla because I was waiting for the Lucid. Basically everything except for the drivetrain just isn't ready for prime time.
I have had none of the issues best auto ever. Coming out of multiple Porsches.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts