Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Dream come true. I got mine with full body wrap of two tone vinyl wrap. Looks fantastic. Drives like a Dream! More comments to come soon!!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Plant

Car Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations on receiving your car and enjoy it in the best of health.

Customization and aesthetics are very personal.

The workmanship on the wrap looks top notch.

I can't say I like the revised look.

Can you share how you selected the elements of these modifications?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations on receiving your car and enjoy it in the best of health.

Customization and aesthetics are very personal.

The workmanship on the wrap looks top notch.

I can't say I like the revised look.

Can you share how you selected the elements of these modifications?
Inspiration from two tone colors of RR and Bentley. Some of 2020RR Bentley have two tone as well. I will post the recent RR Bentley with two tone soon.

The quality and performance of Lucid Air Dream Edition is somewhat similar to the standard of Rolls Royce and Bentley, I believe.
Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive parking light
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Car Vehicle Tire Land vehicle Wheel
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Love those old two tone Rollers and Bentleys. Have a two tone job on both my BMW Isetta 600 and my 31 model A. I might have gone with a deep root beer color on the wrap and probably would not have followed the clamshell cut line but brought the wrap right under the rear spoiler but to each his own. Enjoy!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Love those old two tone Rollers and Bentleys. Have a two tone job on both my BMW Isetta 600 and my 31 model A. I might have gone with a deep root beer color on the wrap and probably would not have followed the clamshell cut line but brought the wrap right under the rear spoiler but to each his own. Enjoy!
Wraps could be changed any time, add or remove some part. It is to one's liking at the time and alter any time soon after.

I thought of continuing below the back light. The company said, it may not look as good with it on, but he would be willing to wrap that part anytime without extra cost. He is still holding extra material.

I did like the Zenith Red of Lucid Air. Looks wonderful in bright sun light, or bright neon light at night. In my opinion Zenith Red may look almost bland dark brownish color on a cloudy night. But it is very beautiful with light. I had 2000 Mercedes S with Almandine Black which is almost the same color as Zenith red in bright light, but was pure black with dull light, instead of dull brown..

·
Registered
2 Posts
A Dream come true. I got mine with full body wrap of two tone vinyl wrap. Looks fantastic. Drives like a Dream! More comments to come soon!!
Did the shop tell you whether it was easy to wrap? I think it will have a lot to do with the shape of the car. I’m thinking about wrapping (PPF) my car for the first time once I get my Air (Touring or Pure).

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was assuming the red was a tinted film applied only to part of the side doors and panels, Ashoka. But I now notice you said a "full body wrap". Does that mean the red was printed onto a clear film that covers the entire side of the car instead of applying a tinted film to only parts of the side doors and panels?

If the car is fully wrapped, how did they deal with the rear trunk spoiler? I've also wondered whether film could stretch enough to accommodate the vents on the top of the hood without seams.

One of the reasons I'm planning to Opti-Coat my car instead of apply PPF is that I assumed the rear spoiler would require seams (plus I've had good results from Opti-Coat on other cars).

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did the shop tell you whether it was easy to wrap? I think it will have a lot to do with the shape of the car. I’m thinking about wrapping (PPF) my car for the first time once I get my Air (Touring or Pure).
If you take any car to the experienced wrapping company, They should be able to wrap any car. I took mine to TINT WORLD, a franchise which has many stores all over USA. Lucid advised not to cover the 6 sensors in front and 6 sensors in back fenders/bumpers. I have my Tesla Model S is also wrapped.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was assuming the red was a tinted film applied only to part of the side doors and panels, Ashoka. But I now notice you said a "full body wrap". Does that mean the red was printed onto a clear film that covers the entire side of the car instead of applying a tinted film to only parts of the side doors and panels?

If the car is fully wrapped, how did they deal with the rear trunk spoiler? I've also wondered whether film could stretch enough to accommodate the vents on the top of the hood without seams.

One of the reasons I'm planning to Opti-Coat my car instead of apply PPF is that I assumed the rear spoiler would require seams (plus I've had good results from Opti-Coat on other cars).
Full body wrap meant that the colored 3M wrap was applied to the area first and then the clear wrap of the rest of the body except the aluminum roof area, overlapping the color wrap at the edges for a ¼". So the bottom is Cranbury red and top part is clear with wrap on roof or metal I around the roof. No double layer wrap where the Cranbury wrap was done. 3M Shiny Cranberry Sparkle Red is the color I selected, which is very close to Zenith Red with better sparkling and slightly lighter so it does not look dull in shades.

They had no trouble wrapping around the spoiler with no wrinkles any time, with one piece, no joints. You have to take it to a experience wrap company, may cost you little more. There are no pieces added anywhere, it is all one piece to each area wrapped. I have no idea on Opti-Coat and cannot give any opinion between the two.

·
Registered
151 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts