Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Has anyone been close to the vehicle to know what size wheels and tires are on the Air GT? They are offering a 21, 20 and a 19 but in what width, 8.5"? Also, what tire size for each? They are probably being delivered with a performance tire, but being in the Great Lakes Region I will need to put on winter tires, so will pick up the 19's for this purpose. Blizzaks vs X-Ice

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
From Lucid's website:

Tires
Dream Edition & GT: Pirelli 245/265 Split 35-profile Summer Tires
Thanks!
It appears the 19" wheels have the highest range. I had planned on getting the 21" at delivery. I wonder how to calculate range difference based on wheel diameter.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Irony:

So will the AirGT equipped with these tire have the 517 mile range, enquiring minds want to know?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Given the photo of the press car I may have to switch to the 19" wheels on my order. I am not planning to take delivery until June of next year so hopefully by then the range difference between the 21", 20" and 19" wheels will be verified. The plan right now is to take delivery in California and drive the car all the way back to Indianapolis.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Given the photo of the press car I may have to switch to the 19" wheels on my order. I am not planning to take delivery until June of next year so hopefully by then the range difference between the 21", 20" and 19" wheels will be verified. The plan right now is to take delivery in California and drive the car all the way back to Indianapolis.
Have they announced the locations of delivery? It is also possible that they deliver to your home.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Tesla Model S long range does 405 miles on 19"; the 21" selection reduces it to about 375. I think a 4% decrease in range per 1" is fair, so 517 would go down to around 496 for 20" wheels and 475 miles for 21" wheels.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks! It won't be long before many reviews of actual testing will be published.
As you already know those miles change with weather conditions, mountain travel etc.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Tesla Model S long range does 405 miles on 19"; the 21" selection reduces it to about 375. I think a 4% decrease in range per 1" is fair, so 517 would go down to around 496 for 20" wheels and 475 miles for 21" wheels.
That is still 5.5 to 6 hours of driving which is more than my body can handle so I am going to stick with the nicer looking 21" wheel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts