Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Lucid Air Touring
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do most of my driving in the Detroit-Chicago-Milwaukee-Up North geographies. Interested in hearing about charging experiences throughout the Great Lakes.

I have a Touring ordered from the Oak Brook, IL store. Hoping for a December delivery but that may be wishful thinking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Picked up my AGT on June 29 at Goose Island: Zenith Red, Tahoe Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD. Given how packed the Goose Island venue is with new cars I would have thought there would be more activity in this forum.
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Grille

I and three others made a round trip between Aurora, IL and New Glarus, WI yesterday on a single charge and we were not driving to maximize range. We instead went for maximum luxury.

·
Registered
2022 Lucid Air Touring
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. What are you getting for miles/KWHr do you recall?
I saw a white Lucid driving around Lake Country Wisconsin several days ago (that’s a region about 25 miles due west of MKE.) Just beautiful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cool. What are you getting for miles/KWHr do you recall?
I saw a white Lucid driving around Lake Country Wisconsin several days ago (that’s a region about 25 miles due west of MKE.) Just beautiful.
If I drive in an energy conserving way, which is not my natural driving style, I've seen 4.1 mi/kwh. In a recent longer trip of about 300+ miles in a fully loaded car, i.e. four adult passengers and a trunk full or belongings, driving at 70 MPH (or more) on highways, with slowdowns here and there due to road construction, and with refreshment and bathroom breaks, I believe I got about 3.3 mi/kwh.

·
Registered
389 Posts
If I drive in an energy conserving way, which is not my natural driving style, I've seen 4.1 mi/kwh. In a recent longer trip of about 300+ miles in a fully loaded car, i.e. four adult passengers and a trunk full or belongings, driving at 70 MPH (or more) on highways, with slowdowns here and there due to road construction, and with refreshment and bathroom breaks, I believe I got about 3.3 mi/kwh.
How was the ride quality like with 4 people going on a 300 mile trip? Was everyone comfy?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone used Electrify America for charging, yet?

I went to the Lucid website and to YouTube, and I didn't find anything that really told me what to expect the first time I try to use it.

Do I need the EA app? How does Lucid's complimentary 3 year charging plan work? Do I need to set anything up in advance? (The EA app does not list something called a Lucid Premium Charging Plan under Premium Offers, but there's also a place for an "enrollment code".... do I need that? If so, where do I find it?)

(I've had my Lucid Air since March 28, and I have yet to see another one yet in the North Shore suburbs, although my sister saw one recently, and called to ask me if I was at <location>, "...because there's a red one just like yours, here.")

·
Registered
36 Posts
It was flawless.

I pulled up, plugged into the EA 350kWh charger,the screen recognized that a Lucid was hooked up, and you press a couple of touchscreen buttons on the kiosk to "continue" and it charges.

40 minutes, back to 85%, from 90 miles estimated left.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anybody thinking about winter tires? I'm thinking about going down to the 19" rims for winter tires or all-season tires. Pretty sure the 21" Pirellis are summer performance, and I'm thinking that'd be unwise in slushy Chicagoland.

How do TPMS sensors get matched to the car? Having two sets of tires could end up really annoying if I need to pay someone to set the TPMS up twice a year, too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts