Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unknown suspect broke window while car parked in public.
No alarm sounded, no notice came to my app. No video record available with bunch of cameras all over the car. What a shame.
I am disappointed with current level of security system of Lucid.
Water Plant World Motor vehicle Tree

· Registered
11 Posts
From what I’ve gathered, they are working on a security feature similar to Tesla’s Sentry Mode, but perhaps it’s not a priority since, at this point, Lucius can‘t really be stolen, just broken into.

· Registered
20 Posts
No alarm sounded, no notice came to my app. No video record available with bunch of cameras all over the car. What a shame.
View attachment 1758
This is definitely needed! Hope we have something like Tesla sentry mode in the near future.

· Registered
203 Posts
As the saying goes...s--t happens, sometimes when the car is parked. My current car was hit by someone when it was parked and put dents in both passenger side doors. I had to replace both door skins (aluminum doesn't repair well). My guess is that if someone deliberately hit your window (with a rock, hammer, etc.), they probably masked their identity so a sentry mode probably wouldn't have helped.

· Registered
20 Posts
As the saying goes...s--t happens, sometimes when the car is parked. My current car was hit by someone when it was parked and put dents in both passenger side doors. I had to replace both door skins (aluminum doesn't repair well). My guess is that if someone deliberately hit your window (with a rock, hammer, etc.), they probably masked their identity so a sentry mode probably wouldn't have helped.
I think it will help your insurance company when you claim it. At least it won't go against you.

· Registered
3 Posts
That’s horrible. Don’t know what is wrong with LUCID and their security features. The car security system is from the 1970’s. Don’t try to use Park Assist. because you are going to hit a curb or park on top of another car. The brake warning system is also very poor. I almost rear ended another car because the sensors defaulted.

· Registered
20 Posts
That’s horrible. Don’t know what is wrong with LUCID and their security features. The car security system is from the 1970’s. Don’t try to use Park Assist. because you are going to hit a curb or park on top of another car. The brake warning system is also very poor. I almost rear ended another car because the sensors defaulted.
Any proof of this?

· Registered
17 Posts
While I agree that security is minimal compared to a Tesla especially with all these cameras, do not agree on other points. Multiple times my car has abruptly stopped when car thinks I will hit another car from front, back or cross-traffic. Get vivid warning when trying to parallel park and get close to other car or even to objects in my garage. In contrast, auto-park fails almost always and have given up on that for perpendicular parking as in parking lots.

· Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 1758
with this price point, security should be on top of the list, which gives us peace of mind. i was told that Lucid is watching this forum and taking notes, but we are not getting any authoritative response from lucid that a security system is in works or planned. getting mixed response when enquiring about it, one rep says it may or may not come, one rep says it should in the future, i have a confirmed reservation of AGT and debating weather to take delivery. camera recording helps to manage insurance .

· Registered
8 Posts
Last evening I made a left turn at an intersection following another car. That car suddenly stopped as a pedestrian jay walked in front of it. We stopped with less than 3 feet between our bumpers. Our Lucid did not sound any alarm, show us any graphics, or attempt to stop on its own. I don’t believe my Lucid would slow down or stop if you drove it into a building. Nothing from the “safety” features it is supposed to have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts