Lucid Motors Forum banner

Inside Delivery Advisor

4K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  lnirenberg 
#1 ·
I’m on my 3rd Inside Delivery Advisor after the 2nd one said I would have a VIN in October. This one said mid-November but has not been communicative. He did tell me that I couldn’t apply for a lease until my VIN is assigned but today I got an email my delivery date was coming up and I could fill out the lease app which I did. Anyone else experiencing this mild state of confusion?

#2 ·
Yes, me too!

I was contacted 2 weeks ago saying that my VIN was imminent by an advisor who said he was filling in for my advisor who was on vacation. He said that my car would be produced before the end of this month and delivery would definitely be in December. I sent an email this morning as I have yet to get my VIN, and there is much to be done on my end before delivery. I told my original DA that I need at least 3 weeks to schedule a flight for pickup, and we're now running into the Christmas rush. Not sure their estimate is realistic.

#15 ·
I have not seen an article mentioning anything negative about Lucid interiors. Only common negative comments are software needs improvement and ingress/egress. Both true but after the 2.0 update software less of an issue. Hopefully 3.0 will add automatic seat lowering when entering and exiting. MB, according to Consumer Reports latest rankings, is now one of the least reliable vehicle manufacturers so your new vehicle is probably good timing.

#16 ·
I've been driving Mercedes for almost 30 yrs and my current '20 GLS is the 1st one that has been a disappointment. No complaints about fit & finish, drivetrain, road manners etc but the electronics are ridiculous, glitchy and don't fail to disappoint dampening my enthusiasm for the brand. It's also nice to buy a car made in USA.

#17 ·
Worst (mechanically) car I ever owned was a 2000 CLK 430. It was also the most beautiful car, although a case could be made for a C6 convertible Corvette. The second worst was a 2008 E Class. Both worse than my first car, a 1974 Ford Pinto. So, obviously saying a lot. Never again will I own a Mercedes. The Lucid will (if I can get it by 12/31) easily surpass them both in beauty, and in speed, handling, technology, safety, etc... Also, very happy to be buying an American made car.

#18 ·
My tale comes to a disappointing end. I went to arrange delivery of my car at the Natick studio on 12/21 to find out they don't have a dealers license in MA. They wanted to deliver the car with temp AZ plates which is a no no in MA and would mean I couldn't get it insured. They wanted me to go through with the deal and park the car in my garage until they could get me plates--4-6 weeks. I passed. I went to my local MB dealer at noon and picked up my new S class at 4. The new electronic interface is a giant leap from previous car and I am very pleased. Hopefully, in 3 yrs Lucid will still be around and the charging network will be further built out. In the meantime I have a charge point 240V/50A charger for sale.
Audio equipment Cable Peripheral Gas Wire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.