Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
If what you mean by “informative system” is the right hand screen and the pilot panel, I suggest you call customer service. I had a similar issue with my Air Touring with 800 miles. The tech came to my house and after a time working with his laptop connected (and rebooted a few times) was able to resolve the communication issue. Mine was not a hardware problem but a communication issue between main dashboard and other panels.
I’ve come to understand that these are the likely situations we will encounter. Call the folks who can assist and they will collect the info to better resolve and correct it permanently. I’m hearing so much indignation from EV and non-EV owners about the absurdity of having issues and I shake my head. So much of these machines are driven by software! Created by humans. It’s an expensive machine but stick to the ICE version with no software (good luck finding that) if you don’t want to deal with glitches. Sorry. Just my 2 cents.

· Registered
3 Posts
If what you mean by “informative system” is the right hand screen and the pilot panel, I suggest you call customer service. I had a similar issue with my Air Touring with 800 miles. The tech came to my house and after a time working with his laptop connected (and rebooted a few times) was able to resolve the communication issue. Mine was not a hardware problem but a communication issue between main dashboard and other panels.
I’ve come to understand that these are the likely situations we will encounter. Call the folks who can assist and they will collect the info to better resolve and correct it permanently. I’m hearing so much indignation from EV and non-EV owners about the absurdity of having issues and I shake my head. So much of these machines are driven by software! Created by humans. It’s an expensive machine but stick to the ICE version with no software (good luck finding that) if you don’t want to deal with glitches. Sorry. Just my 2 cents.
I GOTTA TTELL YOU, WHY WOULD ANYBODY SPEND OVER 100K FOR A VEHICLE THAT HAS SUCH POOR QUALITY CONTROL. TO BUT A VEHICLE AND HAVE IT CRAP OUT AFTER A COUPLE OF HUNDRED MILES IS INTOLERABLE. THEN, TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, IT HAS TO GET FLAT BEDDED FOR HUNDREDS OF MILES BECAUSE THERE IS NO LOCAL SERVICE CENTER. I REALLY WANTED TO GO THROUGH WITH MY PURCHASE OF THE TOURING BUT I AM NOT ONE TO REBOOT CARS. I BAILED. HOPEFULLY, ONE DAY IN THE FUTURE.

· Registered
6 Posts
I GOTTA TTELL YOU, WHY WOULD ANYBODY SPEND OVER 100K FOR A VEHICLE THAT HAS SUCH POOR QUALITY CONTROL. TO BUT A VEHICLE AND HAVE IT CRAP OUT AFTER A COUPLE OF HUNDRED MILES IS INTOLERABLE. THEN, TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, IT HAS TO GET FLAT BEDDED FOR HUNDREDS OF MILES BECAUSE THERE IS NO LOCAL SERVICE CENTER. I REALLY WANTED TO GO THROUGH WITH MY PURCHASE OF THE TOURING BUT I AM NOT ONE TO REBOOT CARS. I BAILED. HOPEFULLY, ONE DAY IN THE FUTURE.
I completely agree with you. I am ready to spend my hard earned money on a luxury product. I would LIKE it to be Lucid. It’s frustrating and I can’t imagine owning long term which is what I typically do. I do believe the price point is the big issues. When you’re asking these big numbers it really should be squared away. I’m trying to remain hopeful.

· Registered
36 Posts
That is why Lucid sales are way down and 90% of their reservation holders bail.
At the price point Lucid cars have to be perfect. The fact that their CEO is hiding from these questions shows me that Lucid has no answer to their quality control issues.
Also there are states looking into banning Lucid sales due to safety issues.

· Registered
3 Posts
That is why Lucid sales are way down and 90% of their reservation holders bail.
At the price point Lucid cars have to be perfect. The fact that their CEO is hiding from these questions shows me that Lucid has no answer to their quality control issues.
Also there are states looking into banning Lucid sales due to safety issues.
[/QUOTEThat should be extremely concerning to everyone. What a shame. One must wonder...why did a popular car magazine choose this vehicle as it's car of the year in 2022?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts