Hi Members, I need your advice!
1. I have a reservation for a Lucid Air Touring and have to finalize the specs in 2 weeks. I also have a reservation for a Tesla Model S Long Range, they just assigned my VIN, so I have about 1-2 weeks to decide on it. Otherwise, I forfeit the car at a $5000 lower price (I reserved it before the price increase). I plan to either choose the Lucid or the Tesla.
2. I presently live in an apartment in Central Phoenix with no charging port. I plan to purchase a house in the next year when the inflated house prices go down. That means I'll have to rely on the very few Electrify America chargers in the city for power.
3. I just test drove the Lucid and the Tesla S, I loved the Lucid, it just seems more advanced in terms of drive quality and technology inside the cabin. Plus I prefer the exterior esthetics over the Tesla.
The other night I watched a YouTube video by Kyle with Out of Spec Motoring on a road trip from Palm Springs to Colorado. Basically, the road trip in the Lucid was stressful because the Electrify America Charging network was horrendous. A lot of the times the charge station was malfunctioning and the driver spent so much time sitting and wasting time. At one charge station, he probably would have been towed if he didn't have any connections with the EA engineers.
Most of the commenters were saying that's exactly why they won't get the Lucid, too much of a headache with EA. They said charging is rarely an issue with Tesla, their Superchargers just work.
Would you still go ahead and purchase the Lucid in my situation? It seems like it's going to be a real headache, especially given that I don't have my own charging station at home.
1. Would you get the glass or metal roof in Phoenix? (110+ degree summer heat)
I'm leaning toward the metal roof due to the obvious heat.
2. Would you get the ($2900 upgrade) 21 speaker Surreal Surround Sound System?
3. Would you get ($9000) DreamDrive Pro?
4. Anyone know of the reliability of the EA charge station in Quartzite? (Between Phoenix and Los Angeles)
Any and all advice would be appreciated!!