Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Lucid Air Touring
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reserved an AT in mid-May from the Oakbrook, IL store. Dark Gray, 19”, glass roof.

I’m a certified crazy car guy. I have driven and raced BMW’s for many years. Originally from Detroit and an automotive engineer and executive so my technical automotive knowledge is pretty high.

This will be my first EV. I was shopping Teslas for a couple years but the minimalist spartan interiors just don’t seem friendly and I never pulled the trigger.

I’m hoping for a late Q4 delivery.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I reserved an AT in mid-May from the Oakbrook, IL store. Dark Gray, 19”, glass roof.

I’m a certified crazy car guy. I have driven and raced BMW’s for many years. Originally from Detroit and an automotive engineer and executive so my technical automotive knowledge is pretty high.

This will be my first EV. I was shopping Teslas for a couple years but the minimalist spartan interiors just don’t seem friendly and I never pulled the trigger.

I’m hoping for a late Q4 delivery.
Welcome @Daniel2022! Were you looking at any other EVs aside from Tesla before going with the Air? Like a Taycan for example?

·
Registered
2022 Lucid Air Touring
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome @Daniel2022! Were you looking at any other EVs aside from Tesla before going with the Air? Like a Taycan for example?
I have been contemplating buying the Tesla Model S for about 3 years. Becoming quite ubiquitous in my neighborhood. However, I find the interior to be spartan at best and the ride over 45 mph very down-market. The yoke style steering wheel is just nonsense. As I have been pondering, the price has gone up about $25k. I can’t bring myself to spend much over $100k for an automobile. The Lucid AT is beautiful, high performance, and it looks like a car not a child’s toy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts