Lucid Motors Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Confirmed my order around July 30th. Zephyr Red, Tahoe, 21" Wheels, GT. Initial estimate: 2-5 months. A recent update about a week ago was for late December.

The glass canopy roofs amongst other parts of the car have been listed as supply chain/quality issues. With the recent post on Twitter of the Air Pure, there may be a good reason to believe certain interiors are in short supply with continued glass canopy roof issues. I am not sure how folks are monitoring VIN numbers, but it may be the case the Pures start rolling out in far greater quantities versus other models.

If the company can start generating cash flow with the Pures and work out any quality issues (noted vehicles withheld due to quality issues in another article), I would prefer that over cash issues and being guinea pigs with the GT models. I could be biased since I am financing and appreciate the extra time for a larger downpayment. The price increase pushed us to order faster than planned.
Welcome to the forum. If you could share any details of your financing terms it would be much appreciated. Interest in knowing what rates, etc. folks are getting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you could share any details of your financing terms it would be much appreciated. Interest in knowing what rates, etc. folks are getting.
I appreciate it. This is a big question on my end as well. However, I will post the details once I get closer to that part of the process. Lenders' rates are all over the place (~3.5% to 6.5%+) from my research.

Due to my age, my VantageScore is in the excellent range, but my FICO score is only good/2nd highest band. Banks use one or the other. Bank of America uses FICO (partnered with Lucid), but USAA uses VantageScore. I plan on putting down at least 50k. Maybe someone in a similar situation can share their experience.

For those of us pre-price hike, I wonder how that affects rates and lender flexibility on down payments in general. There is a built-in buffer of 15k against depreciation after all.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Confirmed my order around July 30th. Zephyr Red, Tahoe, 21" Wheels, GT. Initial estimate: 2-5 months. A recent update about a week ago was for late December.

The glass canopy roofs amongst other parts of the car have been listed as supply chain/quality issues. With the recent post on Twitter of the Air Pure, there may be a good reason to believe certain interiors are in short supply with continued glass canopy roof issues. I am not sure how folks are monitoring VIN numbers, but it may be the case the Pures start rolling out in far greater quantities versus other models.

If the company can start generating cash flow with the Pures and work out any quality issues (noted vehicles withheld due to quality issues in another article), I would prefer that over cash issues and being guinea pigs with the GT models. I could be biased since I am financing and appreciate the extra time for a larger downpayment. The price increase pushed us to order faster than planned.
Congrats on ordering your Air GT @Rogue and welcome! Were you considering and other vehicles or were you set on getting a Lucid?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats on ordering your Air GT @Rogue and welcome! Were you considering and other vehicles or were you set on getting a Lucid?
Lucid ignited my passion for electric vehicles. Tesla never quite did it for me, nor was I interested in cars beforehand. As such, it is both the first car that I have had considerable interest in and a dream car.

My local Mercedes dealership has attempted to woe me on several occasions with the EQS. Hands down the EQS achieves what it is set out to do with superb ride quality and creature comforts. However, the handling and feedback as a driver's experience was a letdown, even in the sportier mode. The range falls short of some of the remote places we intend to travel to. The 'meh' exterior (even in person) paired with a somewhat gaudy interior is a turnoff (the gray option looked slightly better) compared to the more subdued, minimalistic style of the Lucid.

The Porsche Taycan was an alternative, but occupant space and range meant a solid pass on our end. While a 911 would achieve the handling, it would be a gas car and mostly limited to that sportier feel. Maintenance sounds like more of upkeep versus an electric vehicle or my current Hyundai Ioniq.

At one point, I wanted a Corvette. Having two kids have put that to rest plus the realities of the practicality of such a vehicle. I truly believe out of all the options I have listed that Lucid Air offers the biggest bang for the buck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I reserved my quantum grey AGT in November and placed my order mid January. I spec’d it with 20” rims even though they told me it would be 3-5 months. At 5 months I called and was told that 20’s won’t be ready until the end of the year so I changed my order to 21’s. On Friday I got a call from my delivery advisor that they had one with my spec ready to go because someone in my area backed out of theirs and wondered if I would take it, the condition was that I had to take delivery before the end of the month. I said I would. They sent docusign paperwork for the contract but the vehicle has 200 miles. I didn’t think they tested that much so it makes me wonder if the delivery center has been driving it around. I don’t want to pay full price if I can wait another few weeks to get one with >10 miles when I take delivery. Does anyone know how many miles are on the odometer when They arrive to the delivery center?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my VIN two weeks ago. Paperwork also said 200 miles. Was supposed to get last Thursday but some software issue is holding it up. Related to sound system I'm told. Expect delivery this week. Not too concerned about the 200 miles; I figure since no actual dealership, just the showroom that they are defaulting to the 200 to cover issues like I'm seeing. Will advise what actual mileage when I take delivery.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Got my VIN two weeks ago. Paperwork also said 200 miles. Was supposed to get last Thursday but some software issue is holding it up. Related to sound system I'm told. Expect delivery this week. Not too concerned about the 200 miles; I figure since no actual dealership, just the showroom that they are defaulting to the 200 to cover issues like I'm seeing. Will advise what actual mileage when I take delivery.
Looking forward to your delivery (w/pics :D). How did you spec it?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts