Lucid Motors Forum banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
As I understand it, bidirectional charging using the Lucid Home Charge will require a 100A connection, is that correct? Also, is there any information yet on pricing for this charger?
Correct on the 100A connection. It draws 80 amps and needs the 20% margin required by most codes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My DA said that the Lucid charger is due to be released in Q1 2022. But bidirectional charging will not be available upon launch due to regulatory issues, which will take a while to work out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My DA said that the Lucid charger is due to be released in Q1 2022. But bidirectional charging will not be available upon launch due to regulatory issues, which will take a while to work out.
Thanks to everyone for the good info.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Will wait until that is worked out then. Buying it to charge is overkill and not needed unless you are trying to add a bunch of juice at home quickly because you forgot to plug in overnight. I only want it for the bidirectional capabilities.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts