Lucid Motors Forum banner
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lucid is sending out order confirmations again two weeks after the last set. I’m confirmed now for a Zenith Red AGT ordered on 10/4/21.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just confirmed today (December 14) my Grand Touring order. My reservation was placed on October 17, 2021. Quantum Grey, Tahoe interior, 21-inch wheels.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Neurio - Any word on your delivery? Have you heard anything on the production? VIN? you were on of the first to get confirmed with an AGT back on 11/2. The beginning of that 2-4 month window is approaching right after the New Year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My bet..... They can deliver on the front side of that, but...... They keep the 2-4 month window in case they run into delays as they work out the kinks in their process. Thus, not having to disclose any reasons for delay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question. I have a res placed in November. Does anyone know if they will be offering leasing instead of financing? I am hesitant in buying outright a first edition car and not knowing the residual value

Thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
Does anyone know if they will be offering leasing instead of financing? I am hesitant in buying outright a first edition car and not knowing the residual value.
Because the residual value will not be known for a while, any lease rate would probably be very high. In the first few years, Tesla's lease rates were astronomical due to inability to estimate residuals and only came down when the residuals turned out to be stronger than expected.

While the lease market now has more confidence in EV residuals generally, Lucid is a start-up that has not yet proven its staying power in the market.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a question. I have a res placed in November. Does anyone know if they will be offering leasing instead of financing? I am hesitant in buying outright a first edition car and not knowing the residual value

Thanks
I asked my delivery advisor about leasing for same reason you raise. His answer was basically no idea, probably for the reasons @hmp10 states. I didn’t press him on this because I think it’s a ways away for reasonable lease rates. I pushed much more on trade ins to get sales tax credit and a much easier thing for them to do. All they need is to partner with appropriate resale company like Tesla did (does?). Based on his reaction, I’d guess trade ins happen first.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I talked to my delivery advisor today, He had a list of answers for the questions I had emailed. The important answer is that it looks like probably late February (+/- a couple weeks) for my delivery. I honestly thought it was going to be much later in the year. I reserved in March of this year.
Also of interest is the fact that they do not have any Dream orders open and are scrambling to finish Dream deliveries by the end of the year. Very glad to see things moving along.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I talked to my delivery advisor today, He had a list of answers for the questions I had emailed. The important answer is that it looks like probably late February (+/- a couple weeks) for my delivery. I honestly thought it was going to be much later in the year. I reserved in March of this year.
Also of interest is the fact that they do not have any Dream orders open and are scrambling to finish Dream deliveries by the end of the year. Very glad to see things moving along.
When did you confirm your order? It sounds like it is closer to 4 rather than 2 months in their range.

·
Registered
16 Posts
can you share questions / answers?
I am due to speak to my advisory Thursday

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Neurio - Any word on your delivery? Have you heard anything on the production? VIN? you were on of the first to get confirmed with an AGT back on 11/2. The beginning of that 2-4 month window is approaching right after the New Year.
No new updates since last week. My delivery advisor is hoping for a VIN in early to mid January. I was asked for my license and current insurance, so they are moving along.

·
Registered
45 Posts
can you share questions / answers?
I am due to speak to my advisory Thursday
Nothing groundbreaking.
I live in Texas and asked about details of the titling registration process since they cannot have a dealer's license here. I got an incomplete answer.
I asked about L1 charging, whether there were any restrictions (esp. given the rumored problems Porsche is having w/ that). I was told it was fine, was sent the "granny cable" instruction sheet.
I asked about the opening date for the Dallas studio. My wife must give her approval of the seats (I have learned my lesson on that one). It is likely to be open before my delivery.
I asked about Warranty. It's 4 year w/ typical 8yr/100k drivetrain.
I asked about insurance providers and was told most are ready to issue policies Except for my preferred Progressive.

I am sending an email requesting a copy of the owners manual and warranty. The Porsche battery/charger issue (which may not be real) spooked me a bit. 800/900V charging is relatively new to the mass market and want to make sure I don't have unpleasant surprises with it. I will also ask about V2G details.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am sending an email requesting a copy of the owners manual and warranty. The Porsche battery/charger issue (which may not be real) spooked me a bit. 800/900V charging is relatively new to the mass market and want to make sure I don't have unpleasant surprises with it. I will also ask about V2G details.
Hey @ac.bill I asked about the V2G when I spoke to them last week. They said the charger is soon to be released. They had no information on pricing. It will require a 100Amp connection. Attached is the PDF they sent me.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 113 Posts