Lucid Motors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a reservation for an AGT - 6/21/2021 reservation. Any guess on my potential delivery?
The latest reservation that I have hear confirmed is from a January reservation and was told 2-4 months for delivery - so the car is expected in February to March.
I ordered in early April and have not heard anything yet. I’ll post when I do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a reservation for an AGT - 6/21/2021 reservation. Any guess on my potential delivery?
Based upon what Lucid has released about reservations and potential sales, you can make some very rough guesses about product mix. For Air Grand Tourings, you can guess that they made up only a minor part of the product mix, probably no more than 5% in February 2021. From Mar 2021 to Jun 2021, they were maybe about a third (but could be anywhere from 0% to 40%). And from Jul 2021 to Sep 2021, they probably make up 90% of reservations. These are just estimates based upon average sale per reservation: February 2021:$87K, Mar to June 2021: $100K. Jul 2021 to Sep 2021: $133K.

If you ordered a Grand Touring before the huge influx of orders starting in July, congratulations, you'll probably receive your car in late Q1 to early Q2 2022 based upon an estimated monthly production of 500 to 600 cars through end of Q1 2022. They probably need to produce about 400 or so cars in December to make their 577 car target.

If you're like me and reserved your Grand Touring in October after the huge bolus of Grand Touring orders, you're SOL and probably looking at mid Q3 depending upon ramp-up. Lucid will need to go from 500 to 2500 or so cars per month by December to make their production targets of 20,000 cars next year, so I assume that they’ll be at the halfway point of 1500 cars per month by June. (I’m also assuming a logistic sigmoid function for monthly production capacity because I’m a geek.) Maximum production capacity of AMP-1 is 2700 cars per month before planned expansion.

Add 3 months to all estimates if you ordered Zenith Red. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
The consensus among those of us who have been on this forum for the longest time feel there is an issue with this color. If I am not going to appear to make my deadline of June I'll probably change color. This will be the first car I ordered anyway that wasn't black.
When you say issue - a technical issue/problem with the color or simply something like few orders this color therefore they tend to take a little longer? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here is what @hmp10 wrote:

Perhaps it's because Zenith Red is the only color that uses a tinted clear coat (an annoyingly oxymoronic term). To Lucid's credit, they are using the more complicated two-phase process whereby a true clear coat is applied atop the tinted clear coat. But this also means more time in the paint shop than the other colors. (It also suggests a hell of a task for a body shop trying to match the original finish.)

Lucid says they use the tint to impart a smoky undertone to the color. Whatever that means, people who've seen the Zenith Red in person tend to rave about it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If there is a problem with zenith red what will Lucid do with a number of Dream edition in That color ? Surely they will have to solve this conundrum by December to fulfill the last orders and I can’t see them not continuing into the GT production with the red rather than reset the whole paint shop. I really had my heart set on red. Also I ordered august 2 so that puts me just at the beginning I guess of the huge influx of GT orders. I was really hoping of a mid quarter 2 delivery. I also like the 20 inch rims, how screwed am I?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was only kidding about zenith red taking 3 months longer. But it makes sense that if the other paint colors share similar formulation, a single paint shop would probably do all the other colors before doing the one that requires unique components. Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if red presents quality control issues that are more challenging than white/black/grey/silver.

Lucid needs to solve a process optimization equation that includes paint shop and other bottlenecks, reservation date received, availability of service infrastructure, state regulations, and who knows what else when it comes to deciding the order of manufacturing. It’ll be interesting to see how they approach it once they work through the Dream Editions. All the cars that they put into their factory parking lot so far though appear to be white with tiny windows. :)

Per @hmp10 (I believe), the wait on 20 inch wheels is due to the tire manufacturer, so that could be out of Lucid’s hands. EV tires need to be thin, grippy (but not overly so), have additional noise suppression, and handle vehicles approaching 3 tons. This is a tall order, which is why I chose the 19 inch all season tires and wheels to ensure availability. I don’t have to look at them when I’m driving, which is good because they’re kinda ugly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Since they built the factory with a large area for the paint shop but not utilizing that space yet, wondering at what production rate they will build in another paint line. Since I also chose red, irritating that red seems to be handled last (at least with the Dream).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kinda as a sorta "backup"...I got on the reservation list of my local Mercedes dealership for the EQS 580. Before I make the absolute final decision and have the opportunity to order the AGT...I need to test drive the EQS. I really want the AGT...but I gotta at least drive the EQS. The dealership said 18 month wait for the EQS 580. I see Tesla has March/2023 delivery for many vehicles if you order now...The world just seems to want more and more EV's. Amazing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Since they built the factory with a large area for the paint shop but not utilizing that space yet, wondering at what production rate they will build in another paint line. Since I also chose red, irritating that red seems to be handled last (at least with the Dream).
From what I recall, the current assembly floor sits on what will someday be an expanded paint shop. But that won’t happen until AMP-1 gets an expansion, which will bring it from 34K vehicles per year to 90K. I think this happens in 2023?

Also, @hmp10 reports he received a VIN for his Zenith Red Dream, so hopefully, they’re moving onto this color now and have solved any issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kinda as a sorta "backup"...I got on the reservation list of my local Mercedes dealership for the EQS 580. Before I make the absolute final decision and have the opportunity to order the AGT...I need to test drive the EQS. I really want the AGT...but I gotta at least drive the EQS. The dealership said 18 month wait for the EQS 580. I see Tesla has March/2023 delivery for many vehicles if you order now...The world just seems to want more and more EV's. Amazing.
18 month wait? Ouch. I know people complain about the outside appearance of the EQS but the interior seems a bit ludicrous as well. Kinda like a gaudy bottle service KTV in Taipei.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks like they sent out emails on 7 months of reservations. My reservation was on 4/9 and received the email a couple of hours ago. It’s now ordered - Quantum Grey with Santa Cruz interior. Now let’s see in what order they batch colors…. Upon ordering, your deposit becomes non-refundable so they begin to get a full picture of how many of the reservations are real.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts