Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMPORTANT!! I own a new Grand Touring Zenith Red Lucid. Today in Phoenix the temperature was above 94 degrees and the glass roof was too hot to touch. The air conditioner was able to help cool the cabin but I'm concerned about what lies ahead. This thread is being sent too LUCID and new Lucid owners. What can we do with the heat generated by the hot sun while driving in 112 + degree heat in Phoenix?? I need some HELP or recommendations. The temperature is unrelenting in Phoenix and is there a coating or window tint which may help ??

This is not a complaint.. I LOVE my car, I just need to know what the solution is for surviving this summer!! HELP!! I need LUCIDs help !!

· Registered
189 Posts
IMPORTANT!! I own a new Grand Touring Zenith Red Lucid. Today in Phoenix the temperature was above 94 degrees and the glass roof was too hot to touch. The air conditioner was able to help cool the cabin but I'm concerned about what lies ahead. This thread is being sent too LUCID and new Lucid owners. What can we do with the heat generated by the hot sun while driving in 112 + degree heat in Phoenix?? I need some HELP or recommendations. The temperature is unrelenting in Phoenix and is there a coating or window tint which may help ??

This is not a complaint.. I LOVE my car, I just need to know what the solution is for surviving this summer!! HELP!! I need LUCIDs help !!
Exactly. I have used a high quality nano ceramic tint on my cars and I have been planning on NOT having the glass roof for that reason.

· Registered
13 Posts

Living in Palm Springs, we understand the extreme heat. We were told that because of the high UV rating in the glass roof it won’t be a problem. We rode in a friend‘s new AGT on a warm day recently and it was fine. I’ll be carefully watching this thread as we expect delivery of our AGT in about a month.

· Registered
255 Posts
Living in Palm Springs, we understand the extreme heat. We were told that because of the high UV rating in the glass roof it won’t be a problem. We rode in a friend‘s new AGT on a warm day recently and it was fine. I’ll be carefully watching this thread as we expect delivery of our AGT in about a month.
I think in the 90s the glass roof's protection does the job nicely. But I guess once you get closer to the 100s is when things get intense. I wonder if you can apply extra tinting on the roof to help keep the heat out.

· Registered
4 Posts

I agree. Very hot to the touch which results in a much warmer cabin even with the A/C at 10 on fan speed and 59 degrees set. I'm also looking for any suggestions with regards to an IR tint to help reduce the heat inside. And I also agree, Love the car.

· Registered
13 Posts
I understand from a friend who just took delivery that a light tint on the windows is very helpful to cabin comfort and A/C efficiency. We are both in Palm Springs, so we have the same heat issue. I take delivery on my red GT next week.

· Registered
4 Posts
I understand from a friend who just took delivery that a light tint on the windows is very helpful to cabin comfort and A/C efficiency. We are both in Palm Springs, so we have the same heat issue. I take delivery on my red GT next week.
I've had the car a little over a month. The issue to me is not the side windows (I will get them tinted as well) but, the overhead panoramic roof. That is very hot to the touch and, in my opinion, the source of the aggressive build up of heat. Even if one is comfortable using the high fan speed and and low temp setting it is loud after awhile. I do enjoy how quiet the car is.

With regards to treatment, I have been told that placement (i.e. inside or outside of glass) and the type of reflectivity can cause glass breakage. Can anyone confirm? And if the case what I should avoid?

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
458 Posts
I've had the car a little over a month. The issue to me is not the side windows (I will get them tinted as well) but, the overhead panoramic roof. That is very hot to the touch and, in my opinion, the source of the aggressive build up of heat. Even if one is comfortable using the high fan speed and and low temp setting it is loud after awhile. I do enjoy how quiet the car is.

With regards to treatment, I have been told that placement (i.e. inside or outside of glass) and the type of reflectivity can cause glass breakage. Can anyone confirm? And if the case what I should avoid?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum. How do you like the rest of the car? Did build quality exceed your expectations?
Add your Air to The Lucid Air Reservation Tracking List

· Registered
255 Posts

Thanks in advance.
What kind of treatment would you be looking to do to the glass @LeeG?

· Registered
189 Posts
What kind of treatment would you be looking to do to the glass @LeeG?
I did a test drive yesterday in a GT. I was driving north at 5:30 PM with the temperature at 100 degrees. So the sun was coming in from the west at my driver side window. It felt very hot...not just the window itself but the air next to the window.

I loved the test drive but I am going to monitor reports from folks buying before me here in Scottsdale to see how hot the car gets and how well the AC deals with it. While I did feel the heat coming from the window, the rest of the car felt comfortable. The car had been parked in the garage so the exposure to the sun was during the test drive, not from being parked in the sun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts