Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a call from Lucid and apparently I should be assigned a VIN in coming weeks. I was in Manhattan last weekend and stopped by the studio to look at the car again as I live in Louisiana. The LUCID employee - I guess I can't call him a salesman -- explained that the car would store up to 15 Homelink devices. However, when questioned whether they would be GPS-enabled like in my Tesla, he pivoted to how that's a security hazard and "Why would I want that?" Aside from his blabbering, does any know whether the Homelink is GPS-activated? (For those unfamiliar, as I pull up to my subdivision entrance, my Tesla automatically sends the signal to open the gate, per my preference.)

Also, is there any sort of "dog-mode" or cabin overheat protection? Both of which are useful in the southern states.

If not, is there a way to send suggestions to LUCID?

Thanks,SR

·
Registered
8 Posts
I received a call from Lucid and apparently I should be assigned a VIN in coming weeks. I was in Manhattan last weekend and stopped by the studio to look at the car again as I live in Louisiana. The LUCID employee - I guess I can't call him a salesman -- explained that the car would store up to 15 Homelink devices. However, when questioned whether they would be GPS-enabled like in my Tesla, he pivoted to how that's a security hazard and "Why would I want that?" Aside from his blabbering, does any know whether the Homelink is GPS-activated? (For those unfamiliar, as I pull up to my subdivision entrance, my Tesla automatically sends the signal to open the gate, per my preference.)

Also, is there any sort of "dog-mode" or cabin overheat protection? Both of which are useful in the southern states.

If not, is there a way to send suggestions to LUCID?

Thanks,SR
There is a HomeLink GPS function, but what you get is a pop up of all your HomeLink devices when you approach an area for which you programmed HomeLink. You have to select and press the correct device to send the HomeLink signal. The time you can set the GPS location is when you create the HomeLink entry. Also, you can indeed set 15 HomeLink devices (I have only set 8), but each profile gets their own 15, which means that you have to set them up for each person if you are sharing a garage door.

There is no dog mode, like in a Tesla, but you can choose to run the climate control when you exit the vehicle. This is also available from the phone or Apple Watch. There is 45 minute limit for each activation.

To send a suggestion to Lucid, email [email protected]. Lucid has already received suggestions for all the items you have mentioned, but the more they get, the more likely they will deal with them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's disappointing that they'd ask "why would you want" something when you just told them that you wanted it. And it's not a security hazard, plus the car has the feature to some extent. With a Tesla I have the option of homelink activating automatically based on location, but it's not a security problem since nobody has to use the feature. It's theoretically possible that I could drive by my house and cause the garage door to open when I'm not going there. But in real life it's not an issue.

One aspect where it is an issue, theoretically, is that it won't take orientation into account. If I want it to be able to open the entry gate when I'm facing the entry gate, but I don't want it to open the entry gate when I'm passing through the exit gate next to it facing the other way, that's something that Tesla could fix but never did.

As for cabin overheat protection, it's a basic safety feature that should be there. There's no shortage of articles about children who have died in cars that lacked it. Tesla rushed it a bit by promising (and never delivering) that users would be able to set a temperature. So they picked one and you either use the feature or not. I can see why some people would want it to be cooler and for others it might risk draining the battery too much for their circumstances, but users would know that. There could also be a setting for a minimum battery threshold.

These are also all software features that Lucid is perfectly capable of making. It's a matter of how quickly. I still haven't gone past the reservation stage, partly because I was waiting for specific software updates before doing so, but this gives me something to keep an eye on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts