Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Tire

Just had a test drive yesterday and hoping to get a general consensus from the forum on two things. I found that the steering wheel significantly obscured the front display unless it was at an uncomfortable height. For those of you that have had their car for some time now, is that something that becomes less noticeable / problematic? It seemed to completely nullify the blind spot camera displays by making its own blind spot on the dashboard. The second thing is why is there not a web browsing ability. I understand the importance of paying attention to your surroundings while driving, but aren't we working towards autonomous driving? What's the point of having that feature if the only thing you can do while you're in the car is.....Drive?

I will also mention that the pilot display froze as soon as we we pulled into the parking spot after the drive. Could not get the car to respond at all. Hopefully the new addition of Carty from Apple helps to figure some of these glitches out.

Appreciate any feedback.

· Registered
6 Posts
Just had a test drive yesterday and hoping to get a general consensus from the forum on two things. I found that the steering wheel significantly obscured the front display unless it was at an uncomfortable height. For those of you that have had their car for some time now, is that something that becomes less noticeable / problematic? It seemed to completely nullify the blind spot camera displays by making its own blind spot on the dashboard. The second thing is why is there not a web browsing ability. I understand the importance of paying attention to your surroundings while driving, but aren't we working towards autonomous driving? What's the point of having that feature if the only thing you can do while you're in the car is.....Drive?

I will also mention that the pilot display froze as soon as we we pulled into the parking spot after the drive. Could not get the car to respond at all. Hopefully the new addition of Carty from Apple helps to figure some of these glitches out.

Appreciate any feedback.
Do not have the problem at all re steering wheel. I’m 6’2” tall and perhaps it’s a function of height. I need to put the wheel all the way up in order to comfortably move my knees underneath it. I see the displays fine. I agree that web browsing, car play, and even boot-up speed should be on Carty’s to-do list. Those things should be solvable.

· Registered
257 Posts
View attachment 1671

Appreciate any feedback.
That's happened to me with other where the steering wheel obscured parts of the instrument cluster. It was something I had to get used to but I can see why it would drive other people nuts.

The web browser not working when driving is definitely a sefety and liability thing right now. I'm not sure what the solution is but I don't know what I'd want to use the browser for while I'm driving.

· Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 1671

Appreciate any feedback.
I have had my Lucid Air GT for about 6 weeks now, and originally had the same issue. Did you find the steering wheel adjustment to tilt and telescope the steering wheel? Once I did that, it was no longer an issue.

· Registered
420 Posts
I have had my Lucid Air GT for about 6 weeks now, and originally had the same issue. Did you find the steering wheel adjustment to tilt and telescope the steering wheel? Once I did that, it was no longer an issue.
Welcome to the forum @rich5354 and congratulations on getting your Air GT! How do you like the car since you picked it up? Have you had any other issues?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts