Lucid Motors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I finalized my order on Monday.
Can you tell us when you initially reserved the car? Have there been some cancellations that are opening up further slots for Dream orders?

I finalized my order on September 20 and still don't have a production date, but a friend who finalized three days after me (and reserved 15 months after me) is getting his car tomorrow. Choosing Zenith Red seems to move you to the back of the production queue, although Lucid refuses to confirm that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can you tell us when you initially reserved the car? Have there been some cancellations that are opening up further slots for Dream orders?

I finalized my order on September 20 and still don't have a production date, but a friend who finalized three days after me (and reserved 15 months after me) is getting his car tomorrow. Choosing Zenith Red seems to move you to the back of the production queue, although Lucid refuses to confirm that.
Sure. I actually had a GT reserved and got the call last week a Dream Edition slot was open. I took the weekend to think about it and decided on Monday. I opted for a white P if that changes the delivery time. Happy to keep updating as I hear more.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I opted for a white P if that changes the delivery time.
Some white Dreams have already been delivered, so I doubt that will hold you up. Lucid will only say the place in production queue is a function of "several factors", but they won't say what those factors are. As near as I can tell, color is the only factor. My friend and I are both in Florida, both ordered the Performance version, and both ordered the same wheels. As there are no other options, color remains the only variable that seems to trump reservation or configuration order. And as all Dream colors but the Zenith Red are already being delivered, only red seems to be a cause of delay.

Lucid is maintaining that all Dreams will be delivered by year end. With only a 6-week window left, I'm pretty sure you'll see your car before I see mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some white Dreams have already been delivered, so I doubt that will hold you up. Lucid will only say the place in production queue is a function of "several factors", but they won't say what those factors are. As near as I can tell, color is the only factor. My friend and I are both in Florida, both ordered the Performance version, and both ordered the same wheels. As there are no other options, color remains the only variable that seems to trump reservation or configuration order. And as all Dream colors but the Zenith Red are already being delivered, only red seems to be a cause of delay.

Lucid is maintaining that all Dreams will be delivered by year end. With only a 6-week window left, I'm pretty sure you'll see your car before I see mine.
Appreciate the insight. I'm in Southern CA, so curious how that will impact things.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts