Lucid Motors Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
1/13/2003 I just received my first Lucid Customer Service Survey last night (almost 6 weeks after delivery). I told them about my delivery experience and provided some positive feedback about the issues in this post. I challenged them to respond personally to my comments. We will see what happens.
Interesting... I had the car for only 3 weeks and got the questionnaire, and I also asked them to call or write me and provided my phone and email. Curious to see if they will. And I also had a bad delivery experience and detailed everything that happened. I summed up that Lucid looks like a very good group of engineers surrounded by a bunch of loonies.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I observed the same thing, but I am not sure how they can improve it. Example, they can't predict how much regen braking you might do, so the range will constantly be adjusting. My ICE vehicles do the same thing. Wednesday I drove my truck because I needed to get "gas" before the potential for snowy weather returned. When I left the house, I had 34 miles of range. I drove especially frugal and by the time I got to the Shell station 9 miles away, I had 38 miles of range. I am using the percentage scale instead of range, since I'm only driving short commutes right now. Is anyone doing road trips that can provide more insight?
I am not sure why they "need to predict the regen", but one thing I did not mention in the list is have a variable regen. They now have 2 levels; they can make it 20 and have a lever on the steering wheel to control the strength of regen.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
#10 is my concern too. I have talked to lucid multiple times about this. So far, they don’t seem to agree it is a problem. It is rather a design choice lucid made. I guess when more people are reporting this, they may have a change of mind.
Re: 8). Swiping to move item from the driver to pilot panel. I also had problems with the “swipe” feature. I watched a Lucid tech simply touch the top of the Pilot screen and it did the same as the “swipe”. Since then, I have not swiped. Simply touching the top of the screen completes the swipe. Much easier and more reliable for me.
Sorry, do you touch the top of the cockpit or the top of the tablet? is this to move the function up or down? I wasn't able to find the "hot spots" to move the functions up or down.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thanx, it works! It shows how urgent it is that Lucid write a real owner 's manual for the car.
Two more comments to add to my list:
13. When approaching a car ahead at a traffic light while using adaptive cruise control, Lucid starts slowing down much too late. It looks like she (Lucid) is playing "chicken" with the driver. Even if I am brave (and stupid) enough to let Lucid stop the car, it is so unpleasant that I always have to cancel the cruise control and slow the car like a normal driver.
14. Keep the cruise control on after turning off the car so the next time I drive save me having to turn it on again.
Actually I just thought of a couple more:
15. Write the software to enable Alexa to do feature that have not been programmed. For example, I want to teach Alexa to close the garage door, to turn on the steering wheel heat, to raise the door blinds, to heat the rear seat, etc etc, etc.
16. Make the instrument panel customizable.
17. Show slave power consumers in the car. How much does heating the cabin takes, or heating the seats, etc. I drive very relaxed and tame, yet, I get only 2.3 miles/kWh.... why? For example, how much power will I save by turning off cabin heat?

· Registered
18 Posts
I have discovered some issues with Climate Control on my car.

AUTO MODE doesn't work as expected. If you set the system on AUTO and raise the TEMP up to the MAX 86 degrees, the FAN speed only goes up to level 3. I can hardly feel it. To get Maximum Heating, you have to turn off AUTO and increase the FAN speed to level 10. But if you switch back to AUTO, the FAN speed drops back down to level 3 again. Similar issue with AC. Also, it would be nice to have a MAX button to override Manual and Auto settings when AC, HEAT, and DEFROST are selected. Please confirm if you have this issue. If not I will assume it is an issue with my car only.

A couple of times I have used the App to preheat or pre-cool the Cabin. When I get it, the screens (lower and bottom of right cockpit) are flickering wildly and the tactile buttons don't work. It looks like a pinball machine going crazy. I have to turn everything off, exit, look the doors, and unlock to get it to stop. I took a video because I wasn't sure how often it might happen. Sometimes these computer issues don't replicate every time. I have a video, but I can't figure out how to upload it so here is a link Climate control malfunction Please confirm if you have this issue. If not I will assume it is an issue with my car only.

· Registered
23 Posts
In the pilot menu (upper right of the steering wheel) is the menu for Profile, Music, Nav etc...

When I am in the music menu and want to change to Nav, I cannot simply tap the nav button. The menu is nested, meaning I have to back out, tap back, back, back etc... to get tot he main menu THEN I can tap the Nav button.

This is awkward, distracting and possibly dangerous. Please let us just move between the primary menu items!

· Registered
18 Posts
I am not sure why they "need to predict the regen", but one thing I did not mention in the list is have a variable regen. They now have 2 levels; they can make it 20 and have a lever on the steering wheel to control the strength of regen.
I meant that I think it would be difficult to adjust range without knowing how many KW might be added back to the battery through Brake Regeneration. That is a dynamic that can’t be predicted since the car has no idea what route you are taking and what traffic conditions you will encounter. Even if you are using NAV, it still can’t predict how much Brake Regen energy is passed back into the battery.

· Registered
9 Posts
I have discovered some issues with Climate Control on my car.

AUTO MODE doesn't work as expected. If you set the system on AUTO and raise the TEMP up to the MAX 86 degrees, the FAN speed only goes up to level 3. I can hardly feel it. To get Maximum Heating, you have to turn off AUTO and increase the FAN speed to level 10. But if you switch back to AUTO, the FAN speed drops back down to level 3 again. Similar issue with AC. Also, it would be nice to have a MAX button to override Manual and Auto settings when AC, HEAT, and DEFROST are selected. Please confirm if you have this issue. If not I will assume it is an issue with my car only.

A couple of times I have used the App to preheat or pre-cool the Cabin. When I get it, the screens (lower and bottom of right cockpit) are flickering wildly and the tactile buttons don't work. It looks like a pinball machine going crazy. I have to turn everything off, exit, look the doors, and unlock to get it to stop. I took a video because I wasn't sure how often it might happen. Sometimes these computer issues don't replicate every time. I have a video, but I can't figure out how to upload it so here is a link Climate control malfunction Please confirm if you have this issue. If not I will assume it is an issue with my car only.

· Registered
2 Posts
Here are my 10 comments for Lucid after 1 week with the car. I am sure I will have many more as time goes on. I HOPE LUCID IA LISTENING!

1. VERY URGENT! The backup/forward cameras are completely useless. I think the system adds graphics to the picture which make it impossible to see objects in the path. As a matter of fact, this system probably would not pass inspection because if you put a stroller behind the car, the graphics will completely cover it up! Also the "Drone" camera is useless for the same reason. It should be fixed urgently!
2, Not as urgent but important. Because of the unusual difficulty to get in and out of the car (due to the thick, low door pillars), the seats should be made to move all the way back and down when the cars is shifted to Park. When shifting to D or R the seats should move to the profile-programed position. Better yet, the car should remember an "access" position for the driver to program an access position (I want the seat all the way down, my wife does not, but sorry to say this, so far she hates the car and does not want to drive it, period).
3. Nice to have. The car now "welcomes" you with 4 weird beeps that sound like "get the hell out of here". I would like it to welcome me a pleasant sound or no sound. Make the welcome sound programable.
4. The car does not recognize my phone unless the Lucid app is active in the foreground. This makes it 100% useless. Revise the app so the car would recognize the phone also when the app is not running, not even in the background.
5. The instrument panel should show some logical order with graphics that draw the eyes to what's important. Currently it's just a collection of numbers at random order. Not very impressive. The instrument panel should:
a. show battery charge level in %, kWh and miles, not just %, and in much much larger fonts.
b. show trip statistics including miles, miles/kWh, hours traveled, average speed (why the hell not? the car has these stats in its computer already)(choice of trip A, B, or since last charge)(in Europe they may want kWh/100 km)(make it programable if you think some people would not want it).
c. I have never seen it in cars but I often want to see acceleration rate in either miles/sec/sec or miles/hr/sec.
d. show the kW gauge with a scale, not just a white smear that goes left/right. Show the gauge also when using cruise control!!! (though I find it nice that it does not show "0" (vertical) at standing as the car is consuming power)
6. Not urgent but would be nice to take out icons that are not used in "glass cockpit" (Auto high, ahto low).
7. Allow 1 function to show on the right screen of the cockpit and another on the panel. E.g. Navigation in the cockpit, music in the panel.
8. Currently moving a function from the cockpit to the panel requires a very specific swipe that requires full attention of the driver (instead of paying full attention to the road!), especially when the "swipe bars" do not show on the cockpit (e.g. in the navigation screen). Instead of swipe, make a "DOWN" arrow to move the function to the panel, and UP arrow to move it out of the panel.
9. VERY IMPORTANT! Move the icons from the bottom of the panel (Vehicle, HVAC, Settings, Parking) to the left of the panel or to the top (as a top row of icons). The icons are hidden behind the coffee cups and are very hard to reach while driving. This takes the attention of the driver for unreasonable period of time. This is DANGEROUS (and stupid).
10. In creep mode and low regenerative breaking, the car can roll forward or backward, depending on the slope of the road. It should act like the creep of an ICE car. Now it acts like Neutral, not creep.

Please add you own comments, and comment on mine. It's the best way to get Lucid to listen.
Thanks for the list. Few of my suggestions:
It's wonderful too get the garage door opener suggestion when you approach your house but leaving home is a headache. You have to get through two menus to get you the garage door opener then go into reverse and get it if the garage then manually close the backup camera screen click through two menus again and close the door!! They should place the garage door opener shortcut on the left or if the car detects that it is close to home keep it always on top.
Another very annoying thing is the automatic phone detection. Everytime I open the garage door I see the car is on with lights on. Even I have tried going in the garage randomly and leaving my phone inside I can catch it on from time to time. I really wished there was a turn off option you could just turn your car off! If you are listening to your phone Bluetooth and you park in the garage and go inside the car will continue to play at long as your phone is in range!!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts