Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, looking to reduce my cylinder count while also having a ton of fun while jumping my daily driver HP from 424 to 800; what a world we live in today where we can increase the mile smiles while attemping to make this ball a better place to be in the future!

My plan is to quit kicking tires via the web and order an Air GT after I talk to a live person at Lucid tomorrow (man this is strange ordering something that I have never experienced hands on) anyhow I hope to get an idea what the expected delivery will be, although my lurking here tells me that might be an expectation set to high.

In any event besides asking questions here I hope to be a contributor once I recieve the car, and perhaps even before that happens.

Vince

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, looking to reduce my cylinder count while also having a ton of fun while jumping my daily driver HP from 424 to 800; what a world we live in today where we can increase the mile smiles while attemping to make this ball a better place to be in the future!

My plan is to quit kicking tires via the web and order an Air GT after I talk to a live person at Lucid tomorrow (man this is strange ordering something that I have never experienced hands on) anyhow I hope to get an idea what the expected delivery will be, although my lurking here tells me that might be an expectation set to high.

In any event besides asking questions here I hope to be a contributor once I recieve the car, and perhaps even before that happens.

Vince
Hello Vince:
Congrats on seeing the light. It’s encouraging you’re (finally!) coming from ICE to EV…I would guess most of us willing Lucid early adopters have done the EV thing before, hence the fear factor is gone for us. So, it’s great that Tesla has broken this ground and paved the way for Lucid, Ari Ian, etc. Let me give you some reassurance that you’re making the right decision to purchase an Air. I don’t know if you can get a sales advisor on the phone before placing an order, but if not, don’t worry: once you put in an order, Lucid takes care of you. I’m awaiting my Dream Edition, and I have personally spoken with my advisor on his cell phone late at night. I went through this process with the Model S back in 2011-2012, before anyone had really heard of Tesla. There are growing pains while they work out the kinks (with early Teslas it was door handles, software, windshields). So you should plan on that. But don’t let it scare you away. Once you go EV, gas cars are horrible…so antiquated. Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hello Vince:
Congrats on seeing the light. It’s encouraging you’re (finally!) coming from ICE to EV…I would guess most of us willing Lucid early adopters have done the EV thing before, hence the fear factor is gone for us. So, it’s great that Tesla has broken this ground and paved the way for Lucid, Ari Ian, etc. Let me give you some reassurance that you’re making the right decision to purchase an Air. I don’t know if you can get a sales advisor on the phone before placing an order, but if not, don’t worry: once you put in an order, Lucid takes care of you. I’m awaiting my Dream Edition, and I have personally spoken with my advisor on his cell phone late at night. I went through this process with the Model S back in 2011-2012, before anyone had really heard of Tesla. There are growing pains while they work out the kinks (with early Teslas it was door handles, software, windshields). So you should plan on that. But don’t let it scare you away. Once you go EV, gas cars are horrible…so antiquated. Good luck!
Thanks for the congrats Mountain Man, I've just made my reservation and I'm pretty damn excited to be getting my first electric car!

I test drove a Tesla in 2016 and to say I was impressed with the performance of the car in Ludicrous mode is an understatement, I drove my 2011 CTS V Coupe to the test drive and I was shocked when the 4 door S made my 556 HP V feel slow........ Truth be told the Ludicrous launch had me giggling for hours, my hold back on going electric for my DD back then was for the price Tesla was asking as I thought the interior needed higher end finishes and touches for the money, fast forward to today and I was looking at a Plaid and again the interior along with the "minimalist" TV screen left me cold, and then I looked into and researched the Lucid intensely, hats off to Lucid for building a beautiful car with great range.

·
Registered
Lucid Grand Touring 2022
13 Posts

Vince
Vince, a hearty congratulations to you. I took the same leap of faith and ordered a GT, and have already had conversations with my advisor . Will get car in spring. When I went to see the vehicle in the NYC studio I was really blown away by its appearance. I am so happy to hear other folks are supporting this company and I am very excited for you !!! Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts