Lucid Motors Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
I have a question regarding the adaptative cruise control: My car fails to see the car in front of it quite often, maybe 5 % of the time, especially if it is stationary or detects it too late and then starts warning me to brake. Is that normal? It will NOT see a car between lanes, say 75 % in the adjacent road and 25 % in my lane.

Are other owners experiencing this? Regarding staying in the lane, it will warn me to steer manually when the curvature is a little steep.

I have been driving the Lucid for three weeks; I am getting My Tesla S out of the garage. I am used to the Lucid already, but the Tesla software is definitely 5-10 years ahead. There is no comparison. I have the navigation on autopilot, not the FSD.

I can also use autopilot on the streets, which is excellent for staying in the lane, emergency braking, etc.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have a question regarding the adaptative cruise control: My car fails to see the car in front of it quite often, maybe 5 % of the time, especially if it is stationary or detects it too late and then starts warning me to brake. Is that normal? It will NOT see a car between lanes, say 75 % in the adjacent road and 25 % in my lane.

Are other owners experiencing this? Regarding staying in the lane, it will warn me to steer manually when the curvature is a little steep.

I have been driving the Lucid for three weeks; I am getting My Tesla S out of the garage. I am used to the Lucid already, but the Tesla software is definitely 5-10 years ahead. There is no comparison. I have the navigation on autopilot, not the FSD.

I can also use autopilot on the streets, which is excellent for staying in the lane, emergency braking, etc.
This is normal as Ladiar is not active yet. I don’t know when these bugs will be fixed. Reviewers have reported on this. I am guessing this is why Lucid is scrambling to sell cars. They should work hard in producing a better car and software.

· Registered
28 Posts

I think your comments indicate that you too, like many fallow owners, suffer from a lack of a reasonable Owner's Manual. The one provided with the car is unusually flimsy, so there is no way for us to discover how to use the car features.
No, my car detects cars ahead 100% of the time and shows the car ahead as a white square. I believe it does not even have a function to detects cars in the adjacent lanes and when I tested Mercedes EQS back in March it didn't either. When a car enters my lane Lucid detects it as expected. However, in all cars thatI tested (which is not very many), the Cruise control slows down too late when approaching a car at a traffic light. When I am in full panic, only then does the cruse control starts slowing. I usually cancel the cruise control when approaching the light because it is very unpleasant to let the car stop so late. However, when I tested to make sure Lucid would stop, she did (can I call Lucid "she"?) at a reasonable distance from the car ahead. But indeed it is unpleasant to let Lucid decide when to slow. I now cancel the cruise control and start slowing like a normal driver. This is something that can and should be corrected in OTA update.. I think, however, that this is a common disease, not unique to Lucid. On the other had I totally agree with you about the software, I find it outrageous that Lucid has been selling cars for 2 years and clearly their software department is not up to snuff with the rest of the car or the competition.
Concerning lane centering, I am in Illinois so highways here are very straight and Lucid has easy time keeping in the lane. You must activate the lane centering, though, which is available only on highways, and Lucid tells you something like "high assist available". On any lesser roads Lucid will Ping-Pong between the edges of the lane. Also, the eye detection is very annoying being much too sensitive. Lucid does not even let you look to the adjacent lanes for more than a second or so. It's another item to correct in the next OTA update.
I have written 12 urgent items in for Lucid to fix in the next OTA in this Forum. I hope they are reading the Forums. I will try to bring to to the attention of their engineering but I am not sure I will be successful.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I think your comments indicate that you too, like many fallow owners, suffer from a lack of a reasonable Owner's Manual. The one provided with the car is unusually flimsy, so there is no way for us to discover how to use the car features.
No, my car detects cars ahead 100% of the time and shows the car ahead as a white square. I believe it does not even have a function to detects cars in the adjacent lanes and when I tested Mercedes EQS back in March it didn't either. When a car enters my lane Lucid detects it as expected. However, in all cars thatI tested (which is not very many), the Cruise control slows down too late when approaching a car at a traffic light. When I am in full panic, only then does the cruse control starts slowing. I usually cancel the cruise control when approaching the light because it is very unpleasant to let the car stop so late. However, when I tested to make sure Lucid would stop, she did (can I call Lucid "she"?) at a reasonable distance from the car ahead. But indeed it is unpleasant to let Lucid decide when to slow. I now cancel the cruise control and start slowing like a normal driver. This is something that can and should be corrected in OTA update.. I think, however, that this is a common disease, not unique to Lucid. On the other had I totally agree with you about the software, I find it outrageous that Lucid has been selling cars for 2 years and clearly their software department is not up to snuff with the rest of the car or the competition.
Concerning lane centering, I am in Illinois so highways here are very straight and Lucid has easy time keeping in the lane. You must activate the lane centering, though, which is available only on highways, and Lucid tells you something like "high assist available". On any lesser roads Lucid will Ping-Pong between the edges of the lane. Also, the eye detection is very annoying being much too sensitive. Lucid does not even let you look to the adjacent lanes for more than a second or so. It's another item to correct in the next OTA update.
I have written 12 urgent items in for Lucid to fix in the next OTA in this Forum. I hope they are reading the Forums. I will try to bring to to the attention of their engineering but I am not sure I will be successful.
Did you drive a Tesla?? My model S always slowed down and stoped in time. The car show cars adjust to you and ahead. I know Tesla has been working in their software for ten years and it still not fool prove. It’s better than Lucid. I was told Ladar and some sensor are still not functioning. I hope all sensors plus Ladar are functioning in the next update.
Since the camera is behind the steering I can’t see how it can tell if you’re watching the road. If someone knows how it can please explain it to me.

· Registered
38 Posts
The garage door has to be linked to the car,and once it is, it works well. What annoys me, however, is that it's a soft key that is hidden behind the Parking screen that comes on as I exit the garage. So you have to exit the Parking screen, call the garage function, and only then send the signal to the garage.
This is annoying to me, too. I wish they'd make the button available for the duration of the time one is in reverse right after startup, or something. And, yeah, it needs to be available while the park-assist cameras are active.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts