Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's now Tuesday morning, with the delivery event to take place in four days.

I've scanned all the usual press suspects this morning -- Twitter, automotive press reports, forums, and the Lucid website -- and find only radio silence.

For other Lucid public events, such as the September 9, 2020 Global Reveal and the recent Production Preview Week, there was a huge amount of pre-publicity, and the auto press were reporting their planned attendance well in advance. Unless there is not going to be press coverage of this event, I'm finding this silence rather odd.

Has anyone found any news about this delivery event that I've missed?

·
Registered
288 Posts

I've scanned all the usual press suspects this morning -- Twitter, automotive press reports, forums, and the Lucid website -- and find only radio silence.

For other Lucid public events, such as the September 9, 2020 Global Reveal and the recent Production Preview Week, there was a huge amount of pre-publicity, and the auto press were reporting their planned attendance well in advance. Unless there is not going to be press coverage of this event, I'm finding this silence rather odd.

I find the drib drab trickle method super annoying. In the era of fast moving social media is this working???

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I find the drib drab trickle method super annoying. In the era of fast moving social media is this working???
Not working. It's strange that they posted cars on the trailer over the weekend and radio silent next day. No PR nothing and this invite came out. Not big fan of their marketing at all.
Oh well, I can drive by their HQ and see what's happening since it's about 40 minutes away so will see.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Oh well, I can drive by their HQ and see what's happening since it's about 40 minutes away so will see.
That would be great.

I've checked the Lucid website under the "Stories", "Events", and "Media Room" sections where far less momentous events than first customer deliveries have been reported. No mention anywhere of a delivery event.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be great.

I've checked the Lucid website under the "Stories", "Events", and "Media Room" sections where far less momentous events than first customer deliveries have been reported. No mention anywhere of a delivery event.
Yeah same here. Few days left so will find out.

·
Registered
100 Posts

In this article it gives the following about the car transport pic:

(Update: Lucid confirmed these are indeed customer cars and says more information on production numbers will be announced later this week.)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks. I had seen this article yesterday before the update was added.

I called Lucid Sales this morning and encountered something approaching a total blank. It really seemed that they had not been given any information rather than having information they could not communicate. I asked pointedly if Lucid had any plans to issue a public announcement about the delivery event and delivery numbers before month's end and was told, "I'm not aware of any."

I cannot imagine that, having posted that photo of the car carrier, Lucid would not issue some follow-on communication to flesh out context. However, it appears that it's not going to have near the advance build up that earlier milestone events had.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If Mr. Rawlinson was so dead sure that customer deliveries would begin at the end of October, I’m a little surprised no one at Lucid thought ahead of time about what they should tell sales associates regarding deliveries. Seems like a failure of internal communications or training. I’m a bit surprised, as the customer experience is part of what justifies the price of the product.

On the other hand, I also wouldn’t be surprised if this last run-up to delivering customer quality cars is also creating chaos and rapidly shifting communications strategies.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts