Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 days left for Lucid to meet its promise to deliver all Dream Editions this year.

Does anyone know how many have been delivered? Who's still waiting for a delivery date?

·
Registered
322 Posts
10 days left for Lucid to meet its promise to deliver all Dream Editions this year.

Does anyone know how many have been delivered? Who's still waiting for a delivery date?
Have not seen anything new so far since last one from Boca Raton. Not sure where are all the DEs sitting on parking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Still waiting on my end. The last info I had was that I should expect a VIN soon (as of midweek last week). Unless I get concrete news this week, I'm thinking my delivery will slip to 2022.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The last info I had was that I should expect a VIN soon (as of midweek last week). Unless I get concrete news this week, I'm thinking my delivery will slip to 2022.
I got my VIN on November 19. Paid for the car on December 11. Still no word on delivery or even confirmation that the car is off the production line.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been suspecting that's part of the problem.

But if it is, why won't Lucid just tell us that? It's certainly understandable and would be a much better look than the bobbing and dodging we're all getting when we ask about deliveries.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've been suspecting that's part of the problem.

But if it is, why won't Lucid just tell us that? It's certainly understandable and would be a much better look than the bobbing and dodging we're all getting when we ask about deliveries.
yeah, I hear you. I sent email to my DA but no response over 3 months. Not even simple reply and hello! They are terrible with communication and so secretive on almost everything unlike others.
I'm not sure why. Simply can't understand. I might cancel my reservation and stick with CyberTruck. lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
yeah, I hear you. I sent email to my DA but no response over 3 months. Not even simple reply and hello! They are terrible with communication and so secretive on almost everything unlike others.
I'm not sure why. Simply can't understand. I might cancel my reservation and stick with CyberTruck. lol.
It really is hard to fathom. One wild guess is that the SEC investigation has spooked them so much they have shut down much of the communications around specific deliveries, or at least warned the DA’s not to say so much that a reader of these forums would be able to glean some MNPI (material nonpublic information). It would be a stretch for that to be true but they may be severely gun shy due to the subpoena.

·
Registered
322 Posts
It really is hard to fathom. One wild guess is that the SEC investigation has spooked them so much they have shut down much of the communications around specific deliveries, or at least warned the DA’s not to say so much that a reader of these forums would be able to glean some MNPI (material nonpublic information). It would be a stretch for that to be true but they may be severely gun shy due to the subpoena.
Possibility for sure. Only time will tell so let's see.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only way giving a customer delivery information could be harmful to Lucid would be if it indicated that the Dreams won't make the year end delivery commitment for some reason.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The only way giving a customer delivery information could be harmful to Lucid would be if it indicated that the Dreams won't make the year end delivery commitment for some reason.
I’d say any indication of not making year end delivery would be market making news. But certainty of hitting delivery targets also would be good to know from a stock valuation perspective.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’d say any indication of not making year end delivery would be market making news. But certainty of hitting delivery targets also would be good to know from a stock valuation perspective.
Lucid seems to be engaged in a game of real brinksmanship here. Unless they are absolutely certain they can deliver all Dreams by year end -- and I doubt that is the case at this point -- the stock might be battered worse by a delivery miss with no warning than by a delivery miss with warning bells sounded and reasons given beforehand.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lucid seems to be engaged in a game of real brinksmanship here. Unless they are absolutely certain they can deliver all Dreams by year end -- and I doubt that is the case at this point -- the stock might be battered worse by a delivery miss with no warning than by a delivery miss with warning bells sounded and reasons given beforehand.
I totally agree.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Every manufacturer is struggling with parts and transportation problems. I can't recall Tesla ever meeting a proposed delivery date. I, for one, won't fault Lucid if it fails by a bit in reaching the year end goal. I am more concerned about its software being finalized for ADAS, etc.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Lucid had 144 cars all wrapped up yesterday I saw a picture waiting for the enclosed trucks, but never saw one loading truck. I believe their enclosed trucks can carry only four cars each. Hope you get yours soon. Lucid sent me the Vin No. on 10/15 and invited to pick up on 10/30. Have you contacted ZaK, may get better answer.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[QUOTE="Ashoka8350, post: 2841, member: 189"Have you contacted ZaK, may get better answer.
[/QUOTE]

I sent an email to Zak and to Doreen Allen this morning. I'll report on the answer, if any.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can't recall Tesla ever meeting a proposed delivery date.
I don't want to get into the business of defending Tesla on a lot of its practices. However, when we ordered a Model S Plaid in July, we got it in August within a week of when it was first promised, and Tesla explained that the delay was in finding an available trucker to deliver the car to Florida from the rail depot in Birmingham. More importantly, our Tesla sales contact got me updates on where it stood in production/delivery when I called to ask. I'm finding Lucid much more opaque at this point.

·
Registered
361 Posts
[QUOTE="Ashoka8350, post: 2841, member: 189"Have you contacted ZaK, may get better answer.
I sent an email to Zak and to Doreen Allen this morning. I'll report on the answer, if any.
[/QUOTE]
May be the delay because of production of Zenith Red, which I am not sure. I had minor issues with my Dream Edition. They sent mobile unit with the engineer over 200 miles stayed half a day to fix them. The door handle function was on and off so which he could not fix. They had to order a new door handle for the driver side. Hence they sent an enclosed van to pick up my car next week all the way over 200 miles to my house again and returned back my car same way. They were very courteous calling me every day and some time more than once. They were superb in service. I will post some details soon.

Tesla has been established over 11 years and by now and they are tuned finally to make it happen on new cars. I don't know how much trouble the people had in 2010 or so. Tesla service is extremely poor now. I took my 2017 Model S 100D for some problem sometime back. Even I had the full warranty they would not fix it saying that my warranty had passed. I had to move heaven and earth to make them realize that they made a mistake of nearly a year in my warranty coverage on their computer. The service manager was very rude and I couldn't convince him. Treated me like a piece of s...t.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
May be the delay because of production of Zenith Red . . . .
I'm pretty sure I originally got moved to the back of the production cue due to the Zenith Red choice. But at this point there seems to be more going on. Stocks of wrapped cars are building up at the factory site, but no one has found any report of a Dream beyond #114 being delivered. The tweets and Reddit posts of deliveries have almost dried up. VINs that were once quickly followed up with payment requests that were quickly followed up with delivery arrangements have turned into lapses of weeks between these events with no answers being given to queries.

I never have been worried about early service support from Lucid, and your report as well as those from Hydbob and others confirms that it's as good as I expected (and as I saw from Tesla in the first few years before the Model 3 overwhelmed everything).

But something has slipped off the track with production or shipping that isn't being disclosed.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts