Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the Build back better tax bill will change the rebates available on electric vehicles.
Only Sedans under $55000 will qualify for the $7500 tax rebate. Guess that means
no Lucid Air models will qualify for the rebate as of 2023. Bummer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks like the Build back better tax bill will change the rebates available on electric vehicles.
Only Sedans under $55000 will qualify for the $7500 tax rebate. Guess that means
I heard this. How many EVs are under $55K?

When does it take effect?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am sure I am in the minority here but I think it is reasonable for the government to place an upper limit price on using tax dollars to subsidize folks who can afford a Lucid, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Rivian, etc.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am sure I am in the minority here but I think it is reasonable for the government to place an upper limit price on using tax dollars to subsidize folks who can afford a Lucid, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Rivian, etc.
It might even help to push automakers to come out with EVs in cheaper segments. Tesla is expected to come out with a smaller car (Model 2?) and I bet Lucid will as well.

·
Registered
2022 Lucid Air Touring
15 Posts
Arbitrary rules around tax credits only serve to add further distortion to the efficiency of the free market. Best to either give the tax credit to everybody or nobody.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't be certain that this applies to Lucid, or any other manufacturer that has not met the 200,000 vehicle limit in the existing tax credit. I have not read anything suggesting that the existing credit for those manufactures is being changed.

·
Registered
Lucid Air Pure
23 Posts
If a Lucid is reserved in 2022, would that reservation qualify someone to get the old $7500 credit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Under existing law, the credit is based on the date of delivery. That is the tax year to which the credit applies. When you order a car is not relevant.

·
Premium Member
2022 air grand touring
18 Posts
We will still get the credit if we bought in 2022?? right

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think the point is to encourage manufacturers to produce more mass market vehicles. Those of us, especially those of us who already own or have a build set at the pre-production price should count ourselves lucky and if we squeak under the line & get the credit it’s a bonus. This explains the new law/regs pretty thoroughly—

·
Premium Member
2022 air grand touring
18 Posts
I bought a nissan leaf in 2016, got tax credits 7500 from Federal and 5000 from Georgia, The next year Georgia stopped the tax credit, and started adding a fee of $257 dollars to all electric cars, because the rational was electric cars are not paying any gas tax to help build the roads, and maintenance on the roads. If you have ever been to Atlanta, that city is one city that should encourage people to drive electric cars, Atlanta traffic hell to drive in. , lots of smog.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts