Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very concerning two nights ago, I updated the software to the most recent then the next morning, there is a yellow warning, “drive train issue”,
upon reboot it disappeared, and just a subtle small “!” remained.
I then drove the car and called Lucid and within half a mile of my home, the car went into a “red alert” statement that the car will power down in two minutes. I pulled over immediately.
I contacted the customer service again. They talked me through another reboot.
the yelllow “!” never went away. Lucid customer service recommend that I drive it back to the house. Upon my arrival to my driveway again the car just went into the “two minute warning” and another total shut down

This is very concerning. Obviously, it’s a software glitch. T he car was Tip top until I did the upgrade the night before.
Lucid picked up the car and is currently in Las Vegas service center. We will see,
very disturbing how this car gave no notice when I went into the “force shut down”
there was no way to override it.
Had I had been on the freeway, It would’ve been a health and safety issue. As you know to do a reboot, you must walk away from the vehicle far enough to separate the key fob from the car so it goes into a deeper sleep as lucid customer service calls it.

It’s obvious that we are all first generation beta testers with this new technology. I will say, that Lucid Customer services is still excellent and they’re still making that a priority. The Las vegas service center is an A+.
I hope we get past the “beta test phase “ we are all suffering and the car needs to becomes more reliable. They are slowly downloading and giving us higher end options over time. For example, the (highway assist) function only became available this last month and the car’s been out for six months.
More to come, I’m sure

·
Registered
255 Posts
Very concerning two nights ago, I updated the software to the most recent then the next morning, there is a yellow warning, “drive train issue”,
I then drove the car and called Lucid and within half a mile of my home, the car went into a “red alert” statement that the car will power down in two minutes. I pulled over immediately.
the yelllow “!” never went away. Lucid customer service recommend that I drive it back to the house. Upon my arrival to my driveway again the car just went into the “two minute warning” and another total shut down

This is very concerning. Obviously, it’s a software glitch. T he car was Tip top until I did the upgrade the night before.
Lucid picked up the car and is currently in Las Vegas service center. We will see,
very disturbing how this car gave no notice when I went into the “force shut down”
Had I had been on the freeway, It would’ve been a health and safety issue. As you know to do a reboot, you must walk away from the vehicle far enough to separate the key fob from the car so it goes into a deeper sleep as lucid customer service calls it.

It’s obvious that we are all first generation beta testers with this new technology. I will say, that Lucid Customer services is still excellent and they’re still making that a priority. The Las vegas service center is an A+.
I hope we get past the “beta test phase “ we are all suffering and the car needs to becomes more reliable. They are slowly downloading and giving us higher end options over time. For example, the (highway assist) function only became available this last month and the car’s been out for six months.
More to come, I’m sure
How long have you owned your Air before this happened @Tony Alamo MD? Is this the only issue you've had with it?

·
Registered
2022 GT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Received the car six months ago
One of the first deliveries in Nevada
and I am on the most recent update. The car is at the service center. I can’t look it up. It’s the most recent to 2.0 blah blah something update that’s available.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Received the car six months ago
One of the first deliveries in Nevada
and I am on the most recent update. The car is at the service center. I can’t look it up. It’s the most recent to 2.0 blah blah something update that’s available.
Some of the reports on the latest updates seem promising, such as this one. But who even knows how consistent it will be across a large volume of models. Keep us posted on how things go.

·
Registered
2 Posts

More to come, I’m sure
Does Lucid offer loaner car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can Lucid motors provide high level summary of their current quality issues along with their projected resolution dates on their Cars? The problem I see is that we are very soon going to be selling or issuing new stock to raise capital so that the Company can continue doing business the next few years. I also think we need to let wall street news outlets know that we mean business and that are working our quality issues very hard with near term resolutions in sight. I think that the upcoming stock dilution potential in the near term and unknown quality issues along with the stagnant reservations from Q3 results is hurting the stock price in the near term. My question, is why do we have to wait until the next quarter results to let investors and potential buyers know that Lucid Motors is identifying and resolving their software and hardware product engineering issues impacting business. I wish Lucid Motors the best in the future. I know they will get their quality issues under control. As a company, they appear to be headed in the right direction. However, it is the near term stock price that is really bothering me. Please, please, just a a little PR about what is being done to fix some of these near term issues would do a world of good. Also, are our reservations growing??? There is just a lot of wrong information being spread. Lucid Motors stock price should be edging up or at the ver least maintaining its value. People are shying away. I may not have this entirely right, but, I think you get the picture. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am waitlisted and expect a Q1 offered delivery, but am really getting concerned about reliability. Am not needing to be a beta tester and find the technology reliance on software updates that have inevitable glitches and IRQs a real concern. I value reliability over performance which is heretical I suppose, but thinking May cancel and let them keep my deposit if the reliability issues cannot be addressed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts