Lucid Motors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I did search and didn't see this question posted, so feel free to redirect me if this has been brought up already. I have a Zenith Red Air Grand Touring with 1,000 miiles on it now.

I am fortunate to live within 3 miles of a newly updated Electrify America charging station with 8 brand new Hyperfast 350 kw chargers. Last week, I was excited to go and get my free "fill-up". I was happy to see the authentication work perfectly and I started charging at a very speedy clip, going from 11% (55 miles or so) to 61% (318 miles) in 50 min. I started at 11 miles of charge/min but on average over the session got 5 miles of charge per minute. However, the charge got progressively slower and slower finally slowing to 0.2miles/hour with the time to complete charging steadily going up and up. It appears that I could wait forever and never get to 80% charged.

So I stopped and moved on. I returned yesterday and the exact same thing happened, Rapidly charged my car to 60%, then slowed to eventually nothing. I thought maybe I had hit a limit of some sort, so I unplugged and replugged in hoping to resume some reasonable charge rate. It looked like I might get to 11 miles/hour charging but it rapidly went back to essentially not charging showing the charge rate to 0.2 miles/hour and 0.8kW of power being delivered. I waited about 10 min and replugged again with the same result.

I can't take advantage of my wonderful range if I can't get a full charge. So I went home and plugged into our home charger and quickly topped up to my 400 miles or 80%.

Does anybody know why this might be happening or how I can actually get a "full tank" at one of these stations? All input is welcome for this EV newbie.

Thanks,
Laureen

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
I did search and didn't see this question posted, so feel free to redirect me if this has been brought up already. I have a Zenith Red Air Grand Touring with 1,000 miiles on it now.

I am fortunate to live within 3 miles of a newly updated Electrify America charging station with 8 brand new Hyperfast 350 kw chargers. Last week, I was excited to go and get my free "fill-up". I was happy to see the authentication work perfectly and I started charging at a very speedy clip, going from 11% (55 miles or so) to 61% (318 miles) in 50 min. I started at 11 miles of charge/min but on average over the session got 5 miles of charge per minute. However, the charge got progressively slower and slower finally slowing to 0.2miles/hour with the time to complete charging steadily going up and up. It appears that I could wait forever and never get to 80% charged.

So I stopped and moved on. I returned yesterday and the exact same thing happened, Rapidly charged my car to 60%, then slowed to eventually nothing. I thought maybe I had hit a limit of some sort, so I unplugged and replugged in hoping to resume some reasonable charge rate. It looked like I might get to 11 miles/hour charging but it rapidly went back to essentially not charging showing the charge rate to 0.2 miles/hour and 0.8kW of power being delivered. I waited about 10 min and replugged again with the same result.

I can't take advantage of my wonderful range if I can't get a full charge. So I went home and plugged into our home charger and quickly topped up to my 400 miles or 80%.

Does anybody know why this might be happening or how I can actually get a "full tank" at one of these stations? All input is welcome for this EV newbie.

Thanks,
Laureen
it is NOT you! I am finding that Electrify America is terrible at trying to charge my lucid air grand touring.
I initially plug in and It only gets to150 kWh, never even close to 350 kWh. Whether I precondition or not Within minutes it drops to single digits, 9 kWh and lower. Today I had it plugged in for a couple hours and it is charging at .9 kWh. I would not doubt that since we are getting free charging at electrify America’s stations they are doing this on purpose. I have made several calls to Electrify America to alert them of this problem, but nothing seems to get done. This particular location has been an issue since November 1, 2022.
What concerns me is when we drive back north in the spring that a normal one day trip will turn into four days just because of charging times. Something’s got to give.
Thanks,
Darryl
Font Darkness Screenshot Number Brand

· Registered
10 Posts
it is NOT you! I am finding that Electrify America is terrible at trying to charge my lucid air grand touring.
I initially plug in and It only gets to150 kWh, never even close to 350 kWh. Whether I precondition or not Within minutes it drops to single digits, 9 kWh and lower. Today I had it plugged in for a couple hours and it is charging at .9 kWh. I would not doubt that since we are getting free charging at electrify America’s stations they are doing this on purpose. I have made several calls to Electrify America to alert them of this problem, but nothing seems to get done. This particular location has been an issue since November 1, 2022.
What concerns me is when we drive back north in the spring that a normal one day trip will turn into four days just because of charging times. Something’s got to give.
Thanks,
Darryl
View attachment 1901
On multiple occasions I've used EA chargers in Port St. Lucie FL. They're supposed to be 350kw chargers. I've never been able to pull more than 154kw, & that decreases at 60%.

· Registered
2 Posts
Sadly, this experience seems to be the norm for EA chargers. I received my Air GT on Dec 28 in San Diego and left to drive to DC on the 30th - so I‘ve now used numerous EA chargers across the 11 states we drove through - none give the stated KW from the chargers. And worse, one charger (Bristow OK) had NO functioning chargers and the next one (Vinita, OK) only had 1/8 working chargers (that was a long day…). While charging at Tysons Corner yesterday, I went into the Lucid store in the mall. One of the staff stated that the max ‘intake’ charging rate was 110kW - but I’ve rarely seen over 100kW at any charger. Roughly, I see less than half the ‘posted’ charging rate - usually about 1/4. 50-60kW from a 150KW charger is much as I’ve seen (but this isn’t too bad as it gives about 5-7mile range/min). However, basically Electrify America are the weak link in Lucid’s world - they are a league behind Tesla in reliability. Lucid’s customer service told me that over half the calls to them were for EA ‘issues’.

· Premium Member
2022 air grand touring
25 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks,
Laureen
The most I have been able to charge with traveling is 469 miles, have never got 500 miles, even when car was new. Check to make sure you phone app is not limiting the charge on the car. I can't think of anything else. I live in the south, so have not had to condition battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts